What's new

House & House 2 DVD Set (1 Viewer)

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
I was making one of my many weekly pawn shops runs when I came across what I'd assume is a rarity, atleast OOP. A 2 disc "House" set, that contained both "House" and "House 2", in a swing-gate case, for $2.99.

Anchor Bay doesn't document it in their catalog, DVDAficionado only acknowledges a "House" double feature, single disc release, and pictures of this are equally as scarce, and I'm looking to submit a photo to DVDA so I catalog it in my library. Anyone else happen to own this, or know where a suitable photo can be found? AltaVista and Dogpile give me nothing.

EDIT: I'm to understand this was limited to 20,000 pressings. My set has an alternate artwork of the "House" cover, with a "bloodsmear" tag that reads "2 Disc Set Includes House 2". So, basically, I'm looking for any information regarding that set, if it was the same release, or if they just issued 2 covers given the original doesn't suggest there are 2 movies in the set.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have a copy of this particular House/House2 double feature set that I picked up about two or three years ago. I think I paid less than $15 for it. I don't have a photo of it though.

I also have Hellraiser/Hellraiser 2 in just this type of double feature, 2-disc packaging as well.

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
In the initial pressing of House,Anchor Bay included House 2 as a bonus in the first 20,000 copies.I have this DVD and nowhere on the case does it mention House 2.Was a surprise gift from Anchor Bay.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I have this 2 Disc set as well. Here is the cover art from my DVD Profiler.

Unlike Tommy's - my set indicates on the cover that 'House II: The Second Story' is included, plus the synopsis and credits for both films are listed on the back cover. Cory, I guess this is the same one you picked-up?

Perhaps, I have a second pressing?

I bought mine at Best Buy a few years ago. When I first saw it on the shelf, there were three copies - 1 with just the plain "House" cover that had a sticker on the outside of the packaging indicating that "House II" was also insode the package. Perhaps, Anchor Bay received complaints from people that purchased both films not expecting the "Double Feature"?

The other 2 copies were of the updated cover art with both films.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Rhoq, that's the copy I came across yesterday. I figured the same thing, kind of faulty advertising on the package that would merit a re-released or alternate cover. Thanks for the picture, though! I'm going to submit it to DVDA so people aren't as confused.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
The first Anchor Bay 20,000 copy pressing had a sticker on the exterior plastic wrap that indicated HOUSE II was included, but that's it. No mention on the actual cover/packaging about it.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Did the original sets with the "House" cover art have the LE number stamped white boxes on the back, a la Supergirl, Manhunter, and the like, or was there every any mention on the actual package?

Vincent-P

Second Unit
We have 2 copies of the House/House II DVD that Rhoq posted a cover for at the Best Buy I work at.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I have the House with the unlisted House 2 inside. It does not have a limited edition number on the back.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Now were getting somewhere. It was always limited, the first cover art runs never indicated the sequel was included, only a label, and so they followed up the 2nd runs with the "House" artwork, indicating the sequel WAS included, and not numbered.

That pretty much explains everything. They did somewhat of the same thing with the "Halloween" Extended Television Cut and 20th Ann. DVDs. There was the 2 Disc "Halloween" w/ the holo cover and extended cut, which was numbered. Then, there was a single disc 20th Ann. with the theatrical, and holo cover, limited, but not numbered. Lastly, the TV cut on a single disc, no extras, not limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks