Hotel California DVD-A Where ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Boyle, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

Ive seen a few mentions of you lucky [email protected]@rds in the US picking up Hotel California DVD-A in the shops already but has anyone seen an etailer with it ?

My usual etailers absound / dv-depot & even amazon dont appear to have it ...

Any help would be appreciated ... Paul

PS Happy Christmas!

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

You can try www.dvdempire.com or www.dvdplanet.com. I am not sure of their shipping policies to the UK, but they might have the DVD-Audio discs you are looking for.
    I also don't know if there would be an issue with the menus and visuals being NTSC as opposed to PAL and whether that would cause a problem.
    Anyway - they seem to get most, if not all, the DVD-Audio discs released in the US, so give them a try.

3. Paul Boyle

Michael_T (any relation to Mr T?)
    Thanks for that I'll have a look at those
    FYI all my existing DVD-A's are from USA / Canada / Australia so they appear to be "region friendly"
    Australia is easily the cheapest place to buy them
    have a look at www.devoted.com.au (they ship to the
    UK so I'm sure they would to the US of A)
    Paul [​IMG]

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Paul,
    www.absound.ca has them in stock now. I purchased it from their B&M location.
    Patrick

5. Paul Boyle

Patrick ... Alas the disc does not come up when I search their site online ... absound did initially stock some DVD-A stuff but stopped doing it for some reason - I have emailed them about this & await their reply ... As a matter of interest how much was your copy (you can email me if you dont want the wife to know!)

Regards ... Paul

6. Rick_L

Rick_L Extra

Paul;

I just ordered it from a&b sound's web site. I found it searching though the cd section. It was about $25.00 CND

7. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Paul,

Its not easy to search their site for dvd-a's. They have them under the CD section and if you search for dvdaud under the title of the album you'll find all of their DVD-A discs.

Alternately, if you search for Hotel California you'll see the CD version and the DVD-A version.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

8. Paul Boyle

Thanks everyone ... The nice people at absound emailed me to tell me the disc was available online as you all said in the CD Section! (must be a Canadian thing?)

Anyway 1 copy ordered & Im happy !!!