1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel California DVD-A release Date!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan_Horner, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Alan_Horner

Alan_Horner Stunt Coordinator

Here's a nice one:
    DVD Empire now lists a December 11, 2001 release date for the DVD-A edition of Hotel California by the Eagles. I'm thinking the advanced resolution tracks on this will sound incredible!
    [​IMG]

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

3. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Wow... Book me a room at the hotel & get tickets for a night at the opera! Gonna do a moondance and be a dead workingman paying for all this stuff.
    This is great. They are picking off classic albums one by one and this could go on for a long, long time. There was a thread in the hardware section about six channel audio being a niche market and about to roll over and die. I'm in my forties and don't spend on new music. I suspect there might be a couple more people out there like me who will gladly fork over the $'s for this stuff. Bring it on!

4. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

I guess I'm the oposite of John. I'm in my early 20's and really wish that they would release newer albums in DVD-A. If they really want the format to take off, I believe they need to release more current and popular music.

5. Nate Thompson

I'm just about to turn 21, and while I do wish that newer musicians would start releasing some DVD-A titles (Nine Inch Nails on DVD-A would be amazing), I am very happy when I look at the coming months of releases. The big ones for me would include the two Eric Clapton albums (hopefully they'll release some of his older titles, and the unplugged album would be great), and now the upcoming release of The Eagles.
    The first time I heard DVD-Audio, I was literally blew away by the sound quality, but knew that it would not survive without some big name support. It looks like things are going in the right direction and DVD-A is here to stay.
    ------------------
    Nate Thompson

6. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

Okay, has anyone purchased and had a chance to listen to Hotel California in DVD-A yet?

-JNS

7. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

Jagen, there is another thread down here alittle bit talking about Hotel California and Hottie and the Blow fish... and yes I have picked up Hotel California in Canada, and yes in 2 channel 24/192 it sounds very nice!

Miles