What's new

HOT! Towering Inferno SE & Poseiden Adventure SE - $16.94 @ Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Prime two-day is usually overnight for me, since most packages ship just a short truck drive north of me. I might actually have to sign up for the service after my three month trial expires.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Been interested in the idea of getting these. Blind purchase recommended? I guess for that price there is little to lose, though. I've spent more that that on a blind purchase on a single film.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If you like all-star cheese, then then you can't go wrong with these flicks (especially considering that both titles include tons of extra features, if you dig those).

And even if you don't like 'em, you can probably make your $17 back on eBay anyway. :)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
They have the same deal if you buy the new editions of Patton and The Longest Day together. Tora Tora Tora doesn't have a similar deal, but it's been marked down to $11. If you get all five films, the price is $15 cheaper than it was last week. (Thankfully I preordered all of them along with Venture Bros. Season 1 which doesn't come out until next week. Otherwise I'd be feeling seriously gypped about now.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I sent Amazon an email asking about whether they'd refund the $4 difference in Towering Inferno and Poseidon Adventure from when I ordered them last week (they arrived the other day). Seeing as how I could theoretically just return them and re-order them, I'm hoping they'll be accomodating.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have been on Amazon and clicking on the "Buy Both and Save" option, but the site is not giving me the discount. Has this happened for anyone else?

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I emailed amazon this morning about the price change and received the following:

The discounts we offer for items on our web site do vary from time to
time. I've checked your order, and found that we now offer a discount
on these items than at the time you placed your order.
Since this item was shipped so recently, I have requested a refund of
$4.04 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference
between the price you were charged and the discounted price. The
refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a
credit on your next billing statement.

Pretty cool, huh? Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks Aaron, Brian, Todd, & Bleddyn for the suggestion to email Amazon regarding the $4 adjustment / refund. I just sent my email.

For those of you that already received the $4 adjustment / refund - Do you have an Amazon Prime Membership or did you order anything else with these DVD's to put your total over $25 for Free Super Saver Shipping?

I did not renew / extend my trial Amazon Prime Membership, nor did I order anything else with these DVD's. The only reason I received Free Super Saver Shipping on these was because the price on these DVD's was $25.98 (before the $5 Best Value discount). Now that Amazon.com has reduced the price to $21.94 (before the $5 Best Value discount), these DVD's do not have free shipping (unless you have an Amazon Prime Membership or you order a filler item). What is interesting to me is that the shipping & handling charge works out to $3.97 (at least for me). So, in essence, it's a wash: "Old" BV pricing $20.98 with Free Super Saver Shipping vs. "New" BV pricing $20.91 ($16.94 BV price + $3.97 shipping & handling). Given this, I will be suprised if Amazon.com refunds $4 to me. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what section of amazon has can i use to email them about the refund.

i couldnt figure it out.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Just received an email from Amazon.com informing me to expect a refund of $4.04. Thanks again everybody!

I had the same issue. I ended up going to the Help Pages and then selecting the 3rd grouping - Payment, Pricing & Promotions. I then clicked on the Contact Customer Service by e-mail button in the right-hand column. [url=http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/buttons/by-email-gold.gif] [/url]

Hopefully this link will work:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...425536-2014320

You will log into your account and reference the order number and the items.

Good luck.

EDIT - UPDATE

Here's the text of my email to Amazon.com:
I ordered the 2 DVD's referenced in this order number under a Best Value Promotion for $20.98. Within a few days of my shipment, Amazon.com dropped the Best Value Promotion price to $16.94. Does Amazon.com have any price guarantee policy for this type of situation? Or, should I return these DVD's and repurchase them at the lower price?Thank you.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I got a response about the refund too. :emoji_thumbsup: Finding the link to email customer service was a hassle, though.

I did have enough other stuff in the order for it to stay above the $25 free shipping threshold.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I called the other day for my refund and the CSR was very pleasant and very acommodating. This was a fantastic deal before and now it's just un-freaking-believable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks