HOT TICKET movie show is now a clone

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TonyD, Mar 11, 2002.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    over the last few months the show has lost celebrity guest hosts and critics to only leonard maltin and a woman reviewer, with todd newton as the moderator. i can't remember the lady's name, but i never saw her before this show.
    as of this week it seems to have dropped newton and only has the lady and maltin giving either a hot or a not for movies.
    ok it's not an exact clone because they do have some actor guest clips taliknig about their movie.
    i thiught the first version of the show was better with usually 2 or 3 guests discussing the movies.
    [​IMG] & NOT

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Yeah, the show was better when they had a guest panal on every week. But I have to say that I never really cared for Todd "cool dude" Newton.
    If it stays like this, it won't last very long.

3. Kevin J Willis

Kevin J Willis Stunt Coordinator

I think Newton quit the show because he is set to do the new version of Press Your Luck on the Game Show Network.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    This show was horrible from the get go. I saw the first couple of episodes and I just couldn't believe Maltin agreed to do this (even though he is a creampuff of a critic). I hope for his sake the show is canceled.

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I believe I heard it has been picked up for a 2nd season. I watched a couple episodes earlier in the season when they still had the celebrity guests, and I didn't care for it too much. If they added Jay Sherman to the show instead of that other lady (who I caught while flipping through the channels last week), I'd watch for sure. [​IMG]