What's new

Hot Rocks SACD not so hot? (1 Viewer)

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your suggestions. I already have the optical out connected from my 900V to my receiver for DVDs, so I compared it with the analog output of the 900V (something I should have tried previously). For the most part I prefer the optical output using the Marantz processor. The sound is more open and detailed. As long as the recording isn't inherently bright I prefer the optical output over the analog, otherwise on bright cds I prefer the analog. Thanks for the suggestion.

Keith,
Why do you prefer the digital coax over the optical?
Do you prefer the digital coax for both music and movies or just music?

I purchased the optical because a few people told me that it interfered less with the digital signal. They said that there was less chance of signal loss or interference from the insulation of the cable.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, no problem. Glad to help. I prefer the coaxial digital connection since the cable is more robust than an optical digital cable. I have detected no difference in sound quality.

Many audiophiles believe that the coaxial connection sounds better than the optical one. I don't know the exact reason why that is. Truthfully, I haven't paid much attention to that sort of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks