What's new

HOT! Fox Studio Classics with Sunrise for $9.99 (Cancelled) (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I got an e-mail stating my order has been cancelled.

Mark

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I placed my order on sunday morning, it's still showing as in process... haven't received an email yet. What are the chances it will ship? Shoulda picked next day air or something.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
My status is now showing backordered. I still haven't received an email...

Should I call them?

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I got this
Dear Holadem,

Although we have not yet shipped the items on your order 1234567, we are
working to do so as soon as possible.

Your purchase information appears below.

Ship to:

My address

Items currently on order:

When available the following item(s) will ship via US Postal Service.

1 DV Studio Classics: The Best Picture Collection 9.99
Available 3-5 Days

The charge for this order is: Product Subtotal 9.99
Shipping 2.95
----------------------------
Total 12.94
----------------------------
Visa 12.94
Did anyone else get this before it got canned?

--
H - I really want this set for $13...

Mr. Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I received the message that my order is still in process. It's already gone through my checking account, so I have hope that I'll actually get this set.

Brian

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Although I received an e-mail saying my order would be cancelled, I received a shipping notice today for the correct price. I chose Fed Ex, so we'll see.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
When they sent me the cancellation notice, sent htem an e0mail saying to cancel the rest of the order. The next day, it shipped out anyway. Now I have to wait to recover my money.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I think I have a problem with Tower. I ordered the set, then Tower canceled it because of the incorrect price. Fine, I'm ok with that. Yesterday, I received an e-mail saying it shipped at the original, incorrect price. I'm ok with that too. Today, I receive another e-mail:

You may or may not have received our previous email regarding your recent order for the "Studio Classics - The Best Picture Collection" on DVD that was mispriced. This email is to inform you that your order for this item has shipped out and we would like to ask if you wish to keep this DVD. If you do decide to keep it we will have to charge you for the difference. The correct price of the DVD is $45.99. If you wish to return the item, please let us know and we will issue you a refund plus return shipping up to $5.00 upon return. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I don't believe they can charge me again once they have charged me once and shipped the item. I believe they are screwed - I did absolutely nothing wrong; it's their problem if their system mucks up. I will dispute any additional charge with my credit card company.

Opinions?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I apologize if anyone is troubled by this "deal." I have not received any more emails since confirming the cancellation of my order last week. I would think you have recourse through their customer service or through your credit card company. FWIW, I did hear that Tower is likely to be sold or declare bankruptcy soon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They do have a Pricing & Inaccuracy Disclaimer in their terms and conditions. But I would be interested in whether they can retroactively enforce this after charging the customer and shipping the item.

Users who are viewing this thread