What's new

Hot Deals from TV Authority on the Infocus 4805 and more! (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The 4805 was on display at the Denver Marriot shootout about 1 1/2 months ago put on by Integrity Home Theater.

As long as you were sitting 2x the width back and projected it on a 92" screen you were hard pressed to tell it wasn't high def. I think what it makes up for in detail is the color vibrancy and "pop" due to a very bright image and it being fairly D6500K calibrated right out of the box (using the Infocus DVI-like input; you do have to get either an Infocus DVI adapter plug or a special digital cord for compatibilty with standard DVI output players and computers).

That said, you would ABSOLUTELY want a 720p or greater PJ if you moved to a larger screen than 92" and/or were planning on sitting closer as the lack of true "high def-ness" starts to take its toll.

Black level was much better when using a high contrast gray screen in conjunction with the 4805. I guess you could use a good neutral density filter if you were going for a matte white screen (as in this offer).

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
How much more would the 92" pull down & 4805 offer be with the high contrast, negative gain material rather than matte white at 1.1 gain?

Could a tensioned model pull down be made available with this deal, or is that a lot more? I notice that the 92" Model B included in the bundle is the one with CSR. Does that include a built in screen tension bar so the screen is wave-less over its life?

Dan

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dan:

I would give Kirk a call or an email with your question. I am sure that he would be able to give you a great price on whatever you choose to pick up.

Parker

Jim Knowlden

Auditioning
Well I recieved my 4805 on Thursday. I went with the 4805 and 92" screen $1499 deal from TVAUTHORITY.com. The screen isn't here yet but not a big deal. I went to Lowes and built a screen using Parkland Plastex and the results are awesome!

I jokingly said to my wife as we were watching Finding Nemo with our daughter, "You know, we have 30 days to return the projector :)" If you could see the look she gave me, you would know that we are keeping it! ;-)

micah bjj

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my 4805 on Friday from TVauthority. My screen will also be here shortly. I dont think I will even use it. I have it setup shooting on my white wall with about a 106" and it looks great to me. No way I am going down to a 92". Probably will sell it right away.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Micah:

Sell it and get a 106 inch to replace it with. :)

I used to shoot a 120 inch diagonal image onto a white wall for years and really liked the picture. I never felt like a screen was all that necessary.

You and Jim need to post some shots of you new toys on the forum.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks