Hot dang, the Scorpions can still bring it!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

My brother got free tickets to the Dio, Scorpions, Deep Purple concert last night... we thought we would go just for the mullet watching.
    I just wanted to say if you are, were, or even half of a Scorps fan, go see 'em. They still sound great. And they still look like they love what they do.
    Watching Dio was like watching Spinal Tap with all the smoke machines and the big evil dragon backdrop... it just looked tired and sad.
    Deep Purple just didn't seem to have the sound anymore.

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Dave,
    Good to hear. There has been much talk of the Super Audio CD of the Scorpions that is out, although I have yet to see it stateside. You might want to check into it. [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Dave, that's great to hear about Scorpions. I still remember the day back in '88 when I bought the World Wide Live CD. It is excellent. I've never seen them live, but from that CD, I always figured they would be great to see.

4. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Saw the Scorps live sometime in the late 80's ... early 90's as part of the great Monsters of Rock tour (Metallica, Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, Kingdom Come) I would have to say they are one of the best live bands out there.

Klaus Meine is the type of frontman that can make a crowd go nuts. Great band!!!!

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I saw the Scorpions with Mötley Crüe back in the summer of '99 and I was thoroughly amazed at how good they sounded after all these years. They blew the Crüe off the stage that night. I have been a Scorpions fan since 1983 when I discovered the Blackout album as a teenager. The Scorpions/Deep Purple/Dio show is coming to town in a few weeks so I just may have to go and see them yet again.

(Aurel... the Monsters of Rock tour that you are talking about happened in 1988. It came to Southern California in July or August of '88. I wanted to go really bad but none of my friends were interested.)

6. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Todd ...
    Thanks for leting me know about the date of the show. Used to party a lot in those days ... some of those years have melted into one [​IMG]
    But that show was an awesome full day event. The Scorpions got a great reception.
    And if I remember corectly a huge food fight broke out during their set ... complete with fires in the stands.
    Those were the days ...

7. Luke_Khuc

Luke_Khuc Stunt Coordinator

Strange! I listened to some Scorpions today and now I see this thread.
    NP: some mushy stuff

8. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee