What's new

Horse Operas, recommendations? (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm looking for a small set of at least B-grade westerns. An old fashioned Saturday afternoon series or collection, B&W is perfectly ok.

As to what I don't want : I once watched a Madacy John Wayne collection : the plots were crummy, execution poor, and quality of the picture abysmal.

Anyone any ideas as to what I might like? TIA!

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Sadly, my fave B-Westerns, Roy Rogers and the Three Mesquiteers, are poorly represented on DVD, usually with inferior prints edited for TV.

However, Platinum has issued several volumes of Hopalong Cassidy westerns, you get several films per volume, these are officially licensed and look terrific, and you can usually find 'em for $6 each at BestBuy or someplace like that. Highly recommended. Image Entertainment has licensed several Gene Autry films, and (while they're more expensive) they look and sound terrific. VCI has Tom Mix's only serial, THE MIRACLE RIDER, and it's great, and several volumes of Red Ryder double-features.

Good ridin', pardner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks