What's new

Horse episodes in various TV series (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Pike_and_Tango.jpg

Star Trek "The Cage"

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Car 54, Where Are You? season two, Schnauser's Last Ride (Oct.7, 1962). My screen caps from the Shanachie DVD set...the 53rd precinct is shutting down the mounted patrol and officer Schnauser (Al Lewis) is losing his long loved horse Sally...
Car 54 3.JPG

Schnauser inspects the possible new patrol partners...
Car 54 4.JPG

After test driving Toody, he settles on Muldoon as Sally's replacement...
Car 54 6.JPG

Meanwhile, Sally has been sold off to a riding stable in Central Park...but Sally instead takes every rider on to her and Schnauser's old well tread patrol route...stopping to bust floating crap games and bookie runners...
Car 54 7.JPG

Car 54 8.JPG

Schnauser, reunited with Sally, proceeds to raid the crap game as usual...the horse has a nose for such things, ha, ha...
Car 54 9.JPG

Car 54 10.JPG

And rounds up the usual suspects...man, I love the NYC filmed shows...Car 54 was based out of the Biograph studios in the Bronx...
Car 54 11.JPG

Car 54 12.JPG

Would you believe that this guy (Fred Gwynne of course) had a doctorate from Harvard?, class of '51, Hasty Pudding Club, writer for Harvard Lampoon, an accomplished Shakespearean actor, a WW2 US Navy combat veteran, and a talented musician and successful commercial artist...long before Car 54 and The Munsters...Car 54 was producer Nat Hiken's follow-up to his long running Phil Silvers/Sgt. Bilko Show...
Car 54 5.JPG

Car 54 1.JPG

Car 54 2.JPG

Car 54 13.JPG

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Horse drawn cabs aside, there are horse stories in the Jeremy Brett SHERLOCK HOLMES series.

"Silver Blaze"
41c29a16548db50d1f70a035ec11184d--elementary-sherlock-jeremy-brett.jpg

"The Priory School"
5fd4107ac92c44144793e5cd2f52da46.jpg

I not sure if this two part show, starring Annette, played on TV, or theatrical first.
tumblr_p20dn6TNOK1r2k74to1_500.jpg

There was that very bizarre "Horse Heir", episode of KEEN EDDIE.
Keen_Eddie_012.jpg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Outside of a certain Netflix cartoon whose name escapes me at the moment :P, here's what I can recall:

The Facts of Life, "Flash Flood" (S1E9): There's a rain storm in Peekskill. Blair has a horse named Chestnut that they keep at the stables at Eastland, and a flood warning threatens his safety, so she and Mr. Bradley take care of it during the storm. In a scene back in the den where the other girls watch TV, the voice of the announcer is Bern Bennett, the late announcer of The Young and The Restless.

What's Happening Now!!
, "A Horse is Not A Home" (S1E2): Raj and Nadine end up with a horse that they can't keep, so they put an ad in the classified section of the newspaper (remember those?) to sell it. A typo turns it into "house for sale," forcing them to ask Dwayne, Rerun, and Shirley for help getting their house back from a couple who wants to buy it.

Webster, "They Don't Shoot Horses, Do They?" (S6E22, not on DVD): Web tries to save an old racehorse from being put down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks