What's new

Horror/Gore DVD Shopping PART II (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Now that it looks like Jason X will come out shortly, does anyone have any update on when we will see House of 1,000 Corpses??
Also, where have people been ordering the Canadian version of Ginger Snaps?
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Well why did they delete my(+ricky f's) post in the Star Trek thread???
I simple stated(politely,not being rude ect) that is was ironic that they put money into this release,let the director create his version,create/redo-special fx,which all must have cost alot of cash. Yet they keep ignoring the fans + director's(JCB) request to release his version of Friday the 13th part 7! It would cost much less,than the entire Star Trek:TMP DE,yet they keep saying no & making more excuses. Also the first Star Trek isn't that popular & i didn't hear anyone requesting a new redo of that film,the sequels yes,but not the original! Maybe this new version is better than the original,but i'm not a huge Trek fan. Yet still find it ironic + unfair that they ignore us,yet release a unpoplular movie as a SE.
I just simple asked for a reply from Martin,thats it.
So i guess free-thought doesn't count as much on this board,unless it's a mainstreem "classic" film?
I won't be suprised if this post gets deleted as well.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Christina we are horror fans, we are unimportant people.
It does not matter that
25,000 people have been on the petition site
We have over 1,150 signatures on the petition
We have Director JCB 100% support
We have been petitioning for over a year
Friday The 13th helped Paramount a great deal back in the day
After all, we are only horror fans
rolleyes.gif

------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Christina and Ricky. Re-read Mike Voigt's last post. We have given members more slack in this matter than we would normally, but consider this is your final warning.
Adam Barratt
HTF Administrator

M

MaxY

Wow I am back, I have been drugged up the last few days.
First I would like to say that I think we need to leave any problems with other threads and what not out of here because we do not want this thread getting shut down.
Second I would like to say I am sorry for not posting on any movies this weekend because my back ended up going out on me and I have been on some good pain killers and everytime I tried to watch a movie since Sat. I fell asleep. Heck I barely even made any posts over at the other place in the last few days.
The good news is that after taking the day off of work and laying flat on my back all day, I think things are better. Just in time to get back in to the stressful grind again. Good news is that Turkey Day is just around the corner, and that will be a very long weekend.
As for the problems, get over them and move on.
There are more important things in life to worry about, as I was so rudely reminded late last night when I was woken by a phone call to find out my brother suffered a pretty serious heart attack. It was iffy for a while there but, as of today things look much better. I was all doped up and could hardly believe it was real when I found out. Damn the guy is only 41. The good news is that they feel he will recover quickly after a middle of the night emergency angioplasty (SP?).
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Max, I'm sure I speak for everyone here in wishing you and your brother a speedy recovery.
- Steve

ScottB

Auditioning
well, i'd like to join your discussion here (the horror discussion, not the internal politics one!).
As you can see i've been a member of htf for all of this millenium, but i don't post a whole lot.
Someone many pages back asked about TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD. I just watched (and sold) the double feature disc w/ TOMBS & RETURN OF TEH BLIND DEAD -- they are quite cheap at Suncoast right now if there are any left.
I did not like either film. Tombs was better than Return, but had many of the same shots used over and over, lots of really slow action (and really bad day-for-night!). The plot is pretty silly but it might be good for a quick laugh or two. There is not a lot of gore, and what there is is quite cheap.
RETURN is even worse - in the first 30 minutes about 10 of those minutes is footage straight from TOMBS (but used in a different way - not just recapping the story like they do in sequals). Really kind of funny to see them using the same footage in different ways - and it doesn't match the new footage at all. The rest of the film is dreadful - more of a soap opera than a horror movie.
On the other hand, I bought QUATERMASS & THE PIT at the same time as TOMBS (from suncoast's sale) and I LOVED it - great acting, really unique and well-thought story line, and a pretty good commentary track. Most of the effects and makeup are well done (for the budget & time) but there are a few really silly shots in the film (but they don't detract too much). More of a Sci-Fi than a horror movie, but definitely cross-over appeal.
Sorry if either of these films were discussed in the old thread - i only read the 14 pages of this one!

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Max,
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your brother.
I too would like to ask to leave the politics of HTF out of this thread. We had over 500 posts between this thread and the first one before a moderate step in and said anything. I don't think they have anything against horror fans, but there are rules that must be followed for this forum. If there are problems, take it up directly with a moderator instead of this public posting.
I'm looking foward to PART III of this list.
Also, since my post seemed to get buried in the politics, I'll ask once again, where is the best place to get the Candian verison of Ginger Snaps
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Frank Doorhof

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine at www.dvdboxoffice.com (canadian GS).
I have a new tip, a brilliant movie.....
ANATOMY.
A German movie about a student who has "won" a course at an elite anatomy university, only to find out that there is a secret society at work. After that she does not know who to trust, or does she ?
Perfect suspense, you will be sitting on the edge of your seat. And beautifull make-up not really gory (not overdone) just a perfect and clever story.
Greetings from Holland,
Frank
------------------

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Max...I'm sorry about your borother andwell. My ggrand just died a few weeks ago,so i know how it feels.
But since this is a HTF board,we can't talk about that stuff for the most part.
I just came on to let you know that Ricky has been banned. He just wanted to let you know. I'm sure i'll be banned soon enough,if not after this post,so just in case....Goodybye if i don't get post anymore. At least take this into consideration.......I only stated my opinion on the Star Trek thread,since it was just to ironic and it did'nt make any sense,that i had to ask. Thats all it was,asking for a real answer from the studio rep,no excues ect as we've gotten since the campaign began. If that prvves anything about what they think about there fans,what will? & i'm getting(possibly) banned9as with others) because of that,for politely asking a question to a studio.
Isn't that what this board is about? To ask studios about releases,talk about movies ect? Well it sure seems like it's not as much fun to post here as it used to be,since it's getting to oppressive. I understand rules,but when they limit your real legitimate concerns/questions about film,that just does'nt make sense. If the person was rude,threatening,mean spirited,hateful ect ect & just did'nt add anything to the board or topics. Thats fine & i can see the reason to ban them. But for politely speeking there mind on a concern of theres for a film,we've been trying hard all year to get released in it's proper form to no avail,since the studio keeps making up more excuses. I just don't understand that!

TimDoss

Second Unit
I'm sorry to hear about Ricky, but I really don't see
any connection to any hating of horror fans... personally
I got tired of hearing the same thing over and over and
over and over...... I did enjoy reading some of his
posts, but how many times do you need to post the same
exact question over and over and over before you realize
that you're not going to get an answer? Reading through
the FT13th posts in the studio feedback made me wonder
why the studios would even bother reading our posts anymore.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
The reason we keep bringing it up is to let the studios know andm ake them aware of it.
Maybe they'll actualy listen & we can make a difference?
Look at all the threads on the Wonka controversy & alot of them were ruder than(cussing,threats ect) rude,yet the people didn't get banned & look what happened. WB is going to release a widescreen version. It worked!!!!!!!
So why all the flack on uncut horror films? If you don't like it,fine,but don't ruin it for the rest of us who are at least trying.
So theres a chance the movies will get uncut treatment after the R rated releases,but who knows. So we just wanted to keep reminding them,but i guess you can't on this board unless it's something "important" like Wonka.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
quote: Reading through the FT13th posts in the studio feedback made me wonder why the studios would even bother reading our posts anymore.[/quote]
I have to agree here. At some point, the whole thing becomes counterproductive. People just stop listening.
I think people forget that we are actually lucky to have studio reps that read and respond. However, that doesn't mean that they are obligated to respond or that you should "call them out" for your pet cause. If you don't get a response, I think you should take it for granted that nothing is going to happen.
I understand rules,but when they limit your real legitimate concerns/questions about film,that just does'nt make sense. If the person was rude,threatening,mean spirited,hateful ect ect & just did'nt add anything to the board or topics.
I don't think that the rules limit your concerns in any way. They do limit the repetive asking of the same question. There were four separate Friday the 13th threads in the Studio Feedback area. Also, just because a studio reads, doesn't mean that they have to respond and to continue to ask them when you won't accept the answers they are willing to give is rude.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones
[Edited last by AdrianJ on November 13, 2001 at 01:27 PM]

Frank Doorhof

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know you can order from ALL Amazon's if you are a customer, I know I do (I order books sometime
drool.gif
Best bed is to order from Amazon Germany and order some Horror titles in the process (if your player supports r2).
Greetings from Holland,
Frank

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Isn't that what this board is about? To ask studios about releases,talk about movies ect? Well it sure seems like it's not as much fun to post here as it used to be,since it's getting to oppressive. I understand rules,but when they limit your real legitimate concerns/questions about film,that just does'nt make sense. If the person was rude,threatening,mean spirited,hateful ect ect & just did'nt add anything to the board or topics. Thats fine & i can see the reason to ban them. But for politely speeking there mind on a concern of theres for a film,we've been trying hard all year to get released in it's proper form to no avail,since the studio keeps making up more excuses. I just don't understand that!
Christina,
Asking questions to studios is one thing but to continue to ask the same repetitive questions over and over again can be considered a form of harassment. On HTF, no studio representative is obligated to answer any questions regarding dvd releases which has been repeated to Wes and Ricky on several occassions. What is so difficult to understand about that statement? Furthermore, speaking your mind is welcome on this forum but if your question hasn't been answered after being repeated so many times then you have to accept the fact that you're not going to get an answer. We ask our members to post responsibly with a level of maturity. What was displayed by certain members in a couple of those threads was far from any of those two attributes. In closing, Ricky had been given many chances to change his posting habits but he continued to ignore the warnings given to him by several different moderators. Also, one of his last postings actually contain a threat to do bodily harm to Paramount representatives. Such action is considered zero tolerance around here and don't represent the actions of a reasonable and rational person.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks