What's new

Horror Fans: The Ghost Ship is coming! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Principal photography just finished on this horror flick and there's a great report on the movie up at Dark Horizons .
It doesn't come out until October, and it is directed by the guy who brought us 13 Ghosts, but we gorehounds are a resilient bunch! Looking forward to this one...so far... :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks for the news Scott. You are the true king of obscure horror movies :)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Damn, you got me all worked up for a minute. I thought you were talking about the Val Lewton film Ghost Ship . :frowning:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
A small update on Ghost Ship. Here's the poster:
postghost2.jpg

The cast includes Gabriel Byrne, Ron Eldard, Julianna Margulies, and Isaiah Washington.
If anyone can explain why I still get excited for horror movies - when most of them suck monkey butt - I'd be very grateful.
(Thanks to the phenomenal CHUD.com for the poster!)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to this, but I'd feel better if they brought back William Malone to direct. Steve Beck did an acceptable job with Thir13en Ghosts, but he just didn't know when to quit. That's not to say Thir13en Ghosts isn't a technically excellent film, but the style was so intense it drowned out any possibility of suspense or horror. Malone did better work in House On Haunted Hill.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I saw the trailer for this before xXx Friday night and admit that it looks like it's got potential. It has a great premise.
I just hope that they ease off on the quick, headache inducing MTV style editing that ruined 13 Ghosts for me. And agreed, William Malone did a wonderful job with The House on Haunted Hill, they should have gotten him again, but let's just see how well this guy does.
Halloween is my all time favorite holiday!!

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Just saw the trailer and I think this looks very good. Usually I wait until these types of movies come to video and I rent them, but this looks like it may be good to see on the big screen.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Can't wait for this. Sound's like a decent cast too. At least Matthew Lillard(sp?) is not in it. That's gotta count for some points.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband