What's new

Horror Classics from Warner vol 2??? (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think you mean the Warner Science Fiction set featuring, Son Of Kong, Them, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms & Mighty Young Joe. There was a Warner DVD horror set a few years ago, Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection: (Doctor X / The Return of Doctor X / Mad Love / The Devil Doll / Mark of the Vampire / The Mask of Fu Manchu). I wouldn't mind a few of those on Blu-ray (esp. Fu Manchu).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I think he means this, released right around the same time as the Special Effects collection:

91uhw%2BEfWbL._SL1500_.jpg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Warner Home Video stopped releasing catalog titles two years ago. Warner Archive releases all Warner catalog titles on Blu Ray now. They do individual titles and not sets so Vol. two is not going to happen just individually released titles. Warner Archive released Hammers When Dinosaurs ruled the Earth last year and Just recently released Dracula AD 72 and Satanic Rites of Dracula which most likely would have been in Volume 2.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Plus Warner sublicense some horror titles to Shout Factory. The likeness has gotten smaller and smaller, unless they repackage titles already on Blu-ray

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
The WB Hammer titles that are left that I like, and would buy day 1 are …. The Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula, and She. I hope at least She will be a Archive title for 2019. The 2 Big ones Curse, and Horror. Where are they already ?? : (

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Warner Home Video stopped releasing catalog titles two years ago. Warner Archive releases all Warner catalog titles on Blu Ray now. They do individual titles and not sets so Vol. two is not going to happen just individually released titles. Warner Archive released Hammers When Dinosaurs ruled the Earth last year and Just recently released Dracula AD 72 and Satanic Rites of Dracula which most likely would have been in Volume 2.

I thought a Bogart/Becall set was coming out from WHV?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Yeah, here's hoping for She from WAC next year, not a great film, but I loved it back in 1965.
Yup. Me too. I was an officer of the AV Society in my High School responsible for renting 16mm Films to show after class. I rented SHE from Films Inc. which I must say was one of our most popular screenings, with lots of whoops from the teenage audience at certain strategic places in the narrative. OK, maybe not state of the art filmmaking, but who cares? Anyway, being responsible for the print, I got to check out individual frames of Ms. Andress on the rewinds, which I found appropriately stimulating. And yes, she still looks amazing. But then she possesses a beauty that's really unique, and timeless.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The old Warner DVD set, Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection (Doctor X / The Return of Doctor X / Mad Love / The Devil Doll / Mark of the Vampire / The Mask of Fu Manchu) is now oop with just two offers on the Marketplace, one for $59.95 & then it jumps to $134.89. I'd much rather have some of those old films on Blu than the 2nd (& 3rd) tier Hammer efforts.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
The old Warner DVD set, Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection (Doctor X / The Return of Doctor X / Mad Love / The Devil Doll / Mark of the Vampire / The Mask of Fu Manchu) is now oop with just two offers on the Marketplace, one for $59.95 & then it jumps to $134.89. I'd much rather have some of those old films on Blu than the 2nd (& 3rd) tier Hammer efforts.

It would be nice if Warner would put "Doctor X" out on Blu-ray with both the Black & White and the 2-Color version — That ugly looking color on Doctor X is pretty unbearable and I hope something is available to improve it (otherwise I could live with the Black & White version).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks