What's new

Horror Channel set to debut in 04!! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Cool I've been waiting for this especially with the way
SCI-FI channel has gone down. I hope they can show movies uncut and commercial free. I wouldn't mind paying Premium channel fees for this.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
As long as they're in OAR! ;)

Sci-Fi has begun to focus more on Science Fiction than Horror... I don't see how this is a bad thing. I like their docs on the paranormal, and their shows are mediocre
(I don't watch them), but they need to find their genre and stick to it. Perhaps with a horror channel, it will allow Sci-Fi to divest itself of the cross-genre parody it has become.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I would definately be interested in this channel... Not only do they plan on showing the movies uncut without commercials, they also plan to show the older horror tv shows (with their original commercials from when they aired)as well...

Hopefully, they can get Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside (which I havent seen in years and dont even remember), etc...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
They need to approach the genre like TCM... OAR, unedited, commercial free,hosted intros, and specials. If they do, Ill be tuning in all the time. If it's a horror version of AMC, im out.

Blu

Screenwriter
Perhaps they will do Monsters as well. It was a similar show to Tales from the Darkside.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
I think they'll have a hard time getting carriage, since the emphasis now is on adding HDTV channels. If this channel isn't owned by Comcast, it will have a real hard time getting on the system. Fine Living and DIY are still not carried by Comcast, at least locally.

todd stone

Screenwriter
Hrmm perhaps Joe Bob Briggs can hop on with a show / series of his own kinda like Monstervision was...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Freddy's Nightmares was a horrible show, but there are about 3 episodes that were decent and that I would love to have... They could play that show too...

Friday the 13th the series actually wasnt too bad... It was much better than Freddy's Nightmares... People just give the series a bad rap because it was totally away from the movies... The show should have had a different name...

This sounds like a great idea for casual to loving horror fans... I for one would really like this channel... I will be suggesting it to Comcast... If they dont carry it and someone else does (like our other cable company or satellite) I might possibly swith service next year anyways... A lot can happen in a year...

I want this channel...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember Friday the 13th the series getting flack because they thought it was going to be Jason killing every week but this was a good creepy show that was a lot like the early seasons of the X-files.
Hmmm, I wonder of Chris Carter was watching?

I also read recently that this show may come to DVD.

DwightK

Second Unit
They need to - must - pick up American Gothic. Another in a long line of my favorite shows which was cancelled. Not due to ratings but due to a change of ownership at CBS who wanted a more "family friendly" image. The same network that has CSI and Miami which are gross.

This also has to be on DirecTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks