What's new

Horrible cover art # 73,435 -- WILLOW (1 Viewer)

Kenneth English

Second Unit
This one speaks for itself:
willow.jpg

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Wow. Never thought I'd say this, but... I think that's as bad as Warner's Excalibur cover.
Horrible!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually, when I first saw it over at DVDFile this morning, I thought to myself, "Mmmmmm...impressive!". Then I saw Peter's comment that he didn't like it (goofy he said), and I thought, "well, I see what he means...Willow looks silly with that grin".
But I still like it.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Nothing can be as bad as The Goonies cover. Usually I don't pay attention to the cover(I mostly care about the content of the disc), but The Goonies cover mad me cringe. Willow's cover isn't good but it isn't BAD either.
------------------
Michael's DVD's

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd say that stinks. Looks like it should be a cover for some magician act.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Its not that bad!! Ive seen worse. Some of the Bond covers were pretty bad as well.
Oh and I agree with Michael. The Goonies cover was tripe.

GaryEA

Second Unit
[Revised]
Conversation overheard in the Fox offices...
Producer: "Johnson! I need a Willow cover in five minutes! Here are some pictures and the logo. Hurry!"
No offense to the fine folks at Fox, who usually deliver some very good art, but I think that it's worse than the Goonies cover. The Goonies cover may have been badly illustrated (they mutated Martha!) but this is a pretty bad example of Photoshop abuse.
At least they didn't change the logo... :)
Gary
(custom DVD artists unite!)
------------------
"My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot..."
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
[Edited last by GaryEA on September 10, 2001 at 12:56 PM]

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This cover is even worse than the Meet the Parents cover! On the Meet the Parents cover, you can easily tell that DeNiro and Stiller's heads were pasted on other people's bodies.
If only 20th Century Fox could have had Drew Struzan make a better cover art.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
Whether or not the Meet The Parents DVD art looks a bit fishy, at least that was exactly the theatrical one-sheet art. I'm not a big Willow fan myself, but anything's got to look better than that art (except maybe Running Scared, which I agree has the goofiest box art of all time).

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Actually, I've never liked any of the artwork for 'Willow', form the original poster, through the Columbia artwork to this one.
It's not worse than 'RunningScared' though. That's my winner for worst.

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
quote: Well, Willow is a horrible movie. So maybe it fits?[/quote]Willow is one of my favorite movies :)
I dunno i like the artwork, it's kinda plain but it's not that bad, it's nowhere near as bad as Goonies. Willow does look a little "cheesy" on the cover but overall i think it's fairly good.
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection
[Edited last by SteveBjr on September 10, 2001 at 05:19 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread