horizontal lines

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Greg Kerber, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Greg Kerber

Greg Kerber Extra

Having some problems with my Hitachi 51 projection TV. I can see lines running across the screen especially noticable on faces and also in red based colors. Lines do not move. It is not on all channels but also does not seem to be on the same channels all the time. Seems to only be when using satellite feed not on DVD. Changed sat rcver so is not that. Is this interference, grounding problem, bad sat cable from dish, or is it an actual TV problem? any ideas. thanks, Greg

2. John S

John S Producer

Only on sat? Check the installation, that coax is supposed to be grounded where it comes into the house.

Common for installers to not do this correctly too. If you find a ground strap, check to see if it is ultra rusty or something too. I've seen some that are exposed to weather take a beating and stip making connection over time.

3. Greg Kerber

Greg Kerber Extra

Thanks for replying John, sorry I failed to mention that I have another feed coming off this dish to a 2nd TV and rcver and it does not have this problem (TV is a tube though).

Do you mean a ground on the dish set up? I know the instalation instructions say to ground the dish but I have been told that is not necessary. The sat cable I am using coming into the house has a small ground wire running on the side of the cable but I have never found any difference if I ground each end of this part of the wire and most cables dont even have this. Any ideas?