Horizontal Lines?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Murphy, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I'm noticing some horizontal lines on my TV when I'm watching DVDs. It mostly happens during bright or light scenes but its mostly visible during the Teaser and Theater trailers for LOTR:TTT on the bonus disc for LOTR:TTT. It happened on the preview for Return of the King also. The lines usually are very faint but sometimes they can appear really jagged, especially when there is alot of movement in a scene, say during a fight. The equipment I'm using is a Toshiba 42H82 (cal'd w/avia) and a prog scan Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD player. This problem only happens in progressive scan. Interlaced is fine, although not as good.

2. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator

I noticed these horizontal lines on my Tosh 42H81 from day 1. Mostly on DVD's, less so on HDTV. Almost exclusively when the image is white or at least very bright. I think it's just the way the picture is scaled to match with the number of horizonal lines available on our sets. A little annoying, but once I got my X1 projector (last night) I stopped noticing the Tosh altogether. [​IMG]

3. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I haven't noticed it at all on HDTV (but leave it to me to look for it now) and it happens on both "Film" and "Video" modes. The regular LOTR dics don't have this problem, just the bonus discs. This whole issue only became a problem when my wife noticed the lines. Ususally she looks at me like I'm crazy when I bring up small things I notice.