What's new

(hope this right place)mediacom digital cable, hdtv and hdtv receiver (1 Viewer)

Real Name
john brown
Hello I am new to the high definition thing and don't even know how and what a HDTV receiver hooks into to get htdv programms.
I will read all the ins and outs on both my tv and the cable box...it is mediacom digital cable and the tv is a philips 27' HDTV model number will be furnished if necessary.

cable box
to tv/vcr
rf in
to rf in
cable in
to tv audio r/l
to vcr audio r/l
data (looks like a onitor plug for a computer)

television
hdmi
antena 'a' 75 with a strange symbol next to it(maybe hertz?)
av 1 red yellow and white plugins
av2 same as above
monitor out: L/mono channel
right or red audio
green plug (y)
blue plug (pb?)
red plug P with another strange symbol
s-video

I will only be looking mainly to watch football on the local channels here and want to know how I would hook everything together for that

I would also like to know how to hook the cable box to the HDTV receiver to the HDTV so I can get any program on cable that is in HDTV (not just the ones on the local channels)

want to be able to see and hear the local stuff mainly the bears games, if I wasn't to go the ant. route what could I do, buy a HDTV receiver and hook it to the cable box? and then to the tv? I guess I don't know anything about this and need more options/help....

is there any tuners/receivers that I could hook to the cable then to the hdmi thing on the back of the tv, I am worried about the antena option because sometimes the storms screw up the channels and I would be real mad if I had to miss a game

also how can I tell if it has a built in tuner?

jonny h

Agent
John Brown-

Your TV is "HD Ready." It lacks an HD tuner. This doesn't mean you can't watch HDTV... it just means you can't watch HDTV by plugging an antenna into it. You need an HD source. From what you've described, your cable box is not an HD cable box. Call your cable company and ask for one.

Real Name
john brown
well that the problem they want a credit card and I don't have one, is there anything else I can do to get the local channels in at least?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks