What's new

Hoosiers, Graduate, Spaceballs, Leone SEs in 2005 (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Too bad MGM couldn't at least do an anamorphic transfer. If this is not to be released by Sony as a Blu-ray title in the next year or so, I wouldn't be surprised to see another standard def re-release from Sony that would hopefully be anamorphic.

Just watched the 'old' release's Hoffman interview and short docu. Marco, regarding your post #51 question about why these were dropped from MGM's new DVD: I surmise it's a licensing issue. I noted that, interestingly enough, the "The Graduate at 25" 1992 docu is owned by New Line Cinema. The Hoffman interview clearly comes from the same interview sessions used to create that docu. (Interestingly, the docu also includes a Katherine Ross screen test that came from the Criterion laserdisc.)

I'd surmise that New Line didn't want to license or MGM didn't want to pay for the rights to the docu. And in keeping with MGM's trend over the past couple of years of dropping supps that even they own when they re-release "SEs,", it wouldn't surprise me if the studio just decided to not pay to have a producer do a entirely new docu.

Perhaps we'll see sumpin' next year, when the picture turns {gulp} 40.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
Cameron here...and yes I did watch it with my own eyes, and it is indeed non anamophic. I ended up rebuying the old SE (also non anamorphic) at FYE for like six bucks...

I assumed it would get a 2 discer when the Jennifer Aniston spinoff movie hit theaters or dvd...no luck. Hopefully we will see them in the future.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I was tricked into pre-ordering the "new" Graduate before the details arose and it had already shipped out so I can confirm that it's n.a. and completely barebones. It even goes so far as to drop the documentary and short interview bit with Hoffman..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks