Hookup of Cineza Projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JoshGroetsema, Sep 23, 2003.

1. JoshGroetsema

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I've been reading the forums here for awhile and couln't pass up becoming a member.

Now my question: I recently purchased the Sony Cineza VPL HS-10 front projector and it looks great! My question is, what is the best way to connect this to the rest of my receiver? I plan on mounting it on my celing (9ft.) and I'm wondering if I should move my receiver to the back of the room so that I won't have so much cable being hung on the ceiling.

Any advice or help would be great. Thanks for reading!

2. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

If you are talking about an HDTV receiver, I suppose you could do that. But then you're looking at running a cable back to whatever produces your audio. I have seen at least one other setup where someone did this with a DVD player. One audio cable vs 3 video cables (assuming component).

RG

3. JoshGroetsema

I see what you mean. I am finishing up my HT and have all the other components. However, I have had some difficulty in deciding what the best way would be to run my projector.

Since I currently have my HK AVR-225 in the front of the room, I couldn't see how I could mount the projector to the ceiling and still connect it to the receiver without causing some wiring issues.

I'll probably have to look at other options for installation.

4. Craig Aguiar

Craig Aguiar Stunt Coordinator

What I did for my basement is as follows.

I built an equipment cabinet at the back of the room, under my stairs. All of my gear goes there. The run from the DVD to the location of my (soon to be purchased) projector is about 10 feet. Then I ran a Xantec IR repeater to the front of the room so I can control all of the ehar behind the closed door. With my current set up I like that all of the lights on the gear don't bug me

5. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

The very best way to run the VPL-HS10 would be through its DVI input. That'll give you the best quality by far. After that would be RGB, and component after that.