What's new

Hooking up Stryke Dual HE15, 6 p.r. sub to Criwn K2 amp? (1 Viewer)

Ken Lopata

Agent
What is the best and most powerful way of doing this? I am going with 1 TD-Cup from Magisound for binding posts. This has 4 individual binding posts in one cup. I could easily jumper these as needed. Bob Sorel is building a dual HE15 also. He is going to use 2 of the TD-Cups. Since each driver is a dual v.c. you have 2 +'s and -'s on each driver.
If you go with 2 cups or 8 posts this gives you alot of options with never having to go inside the sub. If I should jumber the drivers, could you please describe how - like driver 1 + to driver 2 + then to post whatever. Tanks a lot.
Ken

Julian Data

Second Unit
Parallel each driver's VC and connect one driver to each channel on the amp..
OR.. To s series/parallel connection and BRIDGE the amp, thus having one channel.
Or buy another K2 and bridge both amps and connect each driver to an amp. Of course, with the VC in parallel. :)
BOOM, BOOM! :D
------------------

Bob Sorel

Stunt Coordinator
quote: Parallel each driver's VC and connect one driver to each channel on the amp.[/quote]
I agree with Julian. If you hook up the 2 voice coils in parallel to one set of binding posts and then do the same for the second driver, you can just connect one channel of the K2 to each driver, thus delivering 1250 watts per driver. Trust me...that will be plenty good enough even for the most hard core bass heads :D
Ken, I am using 2 dual cups only because I want to have the flexibility to hook up the coils in any arrangement of series and parallel imaginable, should I concoct some crazy idea someday. Normal people don't need to do that, so your arrangement for the Crown will be just fine :)

Ken Lopata

Agent
Is this the way you hook it up? I use a Y connector and hook up each "+" on driver #1's two v.c.'s and do the same to the "-" on driver #1 two v.c.'s. I then run the "+" cable and the "-" cable from driver #1 to the "+" & "-" on the first set of binding posts. And then do the same with driver #2. I can see the advantage of having two sets of binding posts in one cup. Let me know if this is correct.
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks