What's new

Hooking up speakers to Receiver (1 Viewer)

Chun Lam

Agent
I have a Denon 1804 receiver with Definitive Tech Pro Cinema 60 set of speakers. The recommended setup is to hook up the front left and right surround speakers to the subwoofer then hook up the sub to the receiver.

Now, the Denon 1804 has only one "jack" for the subwoofer (a LFE link I believe.) The subwoofer has 3 jacks, the LFE and the left and right inputs.

Question is, how do I hookup the subwoofer/speaker combo to the receiver and have it recognize that I have a 5.1 system? Would I use a Y-RCA cable to go from the receiver's LFE out to the sub's left and right in? If that is indeed the solution, what do I do with the LFE in on the subwoofer? Is that necessary?

Also, how would I get the receiver to recognize that it's 5.1 if the two front surround speakers are going through the subwoofer channel on the receiver?

Thanks for your help, I'm quite new at this.

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
I would just hook up your L/R surrounds right to your receiver.

You don't necssarly need the Y-RCA cable for the sub. Just hook up your sub cable to the left input on your sub. It doesn't hurt to try it with the Y-RCA cable tho, it's just not needed per-say. Some have reported better results using a Y-RCA cable, I didn't notice any difference with my system, so I don't use one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks