What's new

Hooking up Seiki Soundbar to Samsung LCD, PLEASE HELP! (1 Viewer)

pleddyii

Auditioning
Real Name
pal
Product Descriptions: -Seiki Sound Bar (sb201c) ANALOG INPUT Analog/Coaxial http://www.seikidigital.com/products/audio/SB201C-detail.php -Samsung 40" Class 530 Series 1080p LCD HDTV (2010 model) Model #: LN40C530F1F http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LN40C530F1FXZA Please assist with step-by-step instructions to connect my Seiki Sound bar to my Samsung LCD. I know the soundbar isn't the best one out but I got it for my bday yesterday and would love to use with with my tv. needing help asap!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi, pal, welcome to HTF! On page 9 of your TV's manual, it shows an audio out connector that goes from one plug to two. You need one of those connectors. I can't tell for sure from the illustration, but it looks like a 1/8 inch stereo plug that goes to 2 RCA connectors. Then your sound bar should have stereo inputs (I could not see a picture of them on the web site you provided, but these connectors are usually red and white.) Plug the 2 RCA connectors into the sound bar, and you should be good to go. You just need to find the right cable. Monoprice.com is a good place to look for cables.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You might need to post a picture of the back of the soundbar. It says "analog/coaxial", which to me...means it has analog and digital coax. No way to know for sure without a picture...or the owners manual. Neither of which is available on the Seiki website. Anyway, if it does have a digital coax, your TV has an optical digital...use this between them... http://www.amazon.com/SIIG-CE-CTC012-S2-Toslink-to-coaxial-Rohs/dp/B000MQICT8/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357794639&sr=1-13&keywords=toslink+coax+adapter Or you can purchase the 1/8th-RCA cable. Which is the same exact cable you'd use to connect your phone/ipod.

pleddyii

Auditioning
Real Name
pal
I appriciate all the help guys! I'm currently at the office but the back of the soundbar has the red/white ports & a digital coax port. There is also a seperate mode for either analog(red/white) and coax that you choose when using the soundbar here are the specs Jacks, IN-OUT: Audio Inputs, Total Number: 3 Component Input Sets, Total Number: None Component Output Sets, Total Number: 1 Component Video Input(s): No Component Video Output(s): No Composite Video Inputs, Number: N/A Composite Video Outputs, Number: 0 Digital Audio Input: No Digital Audio Input Type: None Digital Audio Output: Yes Digital Audio Output Type: Coaxial HDMI Inputs, Num The package included a set of cords that has the red/white analog and the black coax cord. Either way, due to the ports avalible on the tv, I will need some sort of converter right?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You have three options... 1. Use a 1/8th to RCA cable. Walmart/Target/Kmart/Amazon/Ebay sell millions of them a year. You might already have one. Have you ever connected a "portable" audio device that uses "ear buds" to a stereo. Same cable here. 1/8th has been around since 1870(yes, 1870). RCA was developed in the 1950s. I'd be shocked if you could walk into a dollar store and not find five of this cable. 2. Buy the "optical-coax" adapter and a toslink. The "bar" included a digital coax cable. I linked the adapter in a prior post. 3. Exchange that soundbar for one with a toslink "adding in the $25 you don't have to spend to make this one work". Most people who gift CE understand if you exchange it for a practical reason. "Incompatibility without buying an adapter" is a practical reason. Is exchanging an option?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks