What's new

Hooking up Onkyo HT-S767c to cable box (first new post) (1 Viewer)

John Jones

Auditioning
Hi everyone, first of all as this is my first post, let me thank the forum admins. for providing and maintaining such a high quality, professional forum and to thoes who participate. I have spent the last few days extensively browsing the various components of the forum. I purchased (for my friend) the Onkyo HT-S767c system. The components that are included in my setup are as follows:

35" GE TV 35GT690 (no instruction manual)w/ S:Video, analog RCA and Antenna/Cable (F connector)inputs.

Motorola/GI Cable box w/ F connector input and out, Analog RCA Audio / video outputs (no S: Video out)

DVD that came with system Hooked via S:Video, Coax Digital Audio

VCR w/ F: connector in and out and Analog RCA Audio/Video out (Not yet hooked up)

I have a S:Video cable attached to TV out on the receiver to the TV.
I have S:Video out from DVD to S:Video input (DVD) on Receiver.
I have the Cable box RCA Audio/Video out hooked up to receiver Video2 inputs on the receiver, Plus the F: out connector hooked directly to tv's F: input.

Now for my questions:

Question 1: Should I use RCA to S:Video converters on the cable box and VCR? (Since that is what I have as out from receiver to TV)?

Question 2: What should I hook up to my receiver Video1 inputs? The Onkyo instruction manual only has Cable box, and VCR using Video2, says nothing about hooking anything up to video1, Video1 also has a set of outs (DVD uses its own input)?

Question 3: Do I have the cable box hooked up correctly?

Thanks for your help, John Jones

John Jones

Auditioning
Hi John, sorry no one bothered to answer your post. I thought it was well written and posted in the proper forum topic. I don't know why no one bothered to answer your question(s), maybe they are just "black balling" you. Or maybe your post wasn't important enough to merit attention. If so it seems as though someone would have had the courtesy to let you know what you did wrong. Anyway, I would suggest that you continue to use this forum to "glean" all the info you can use. (But don't participate in any of the "fundraisers" or click through to their advertisers):thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks