What's new

Hooking up my Bose Lifestyle 25 (1 Viewer)

jimNogle

Auditioning
I recently moved into a new house that is prewired. I have a Lifestyle Bose system and have hooked it up numerous times, but that is by simply following the directions. Here is my problem...... There are 2 back Bose speakers that were left attached to the wall with the wires running through the walls and come out at the TV area. The wires do not have any sort of connectors on them. There s onle a red/black wire. There are 2 front wires coming out of the walls where the front spreakers were mountd and those wires come out in the back of the room.There are 4 wires a piece for each set of wires that come out of the wall (R,B,G,W) wires. None of these have any sort of connectors on either. I will have to lengthen the back speaker wires that come out of the wall b/c my Accustomas(woofer) is sitting about 10 feet away from the TV. The question is..... how do I lengthen the wires and how do I put connectors on that will fit into my Bose Accustomass??? Where do I get them? I am a real amateur when it comes to this sort of thing so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
LT Jim USN

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Welcome Jim!

Don't feel bad if you don't get the answer you're looking for...this site and many others are very anti-Bose.

If you don't get a solid answer, I'd do a Google search for a Bose-friendly home ausio site.

:)

jimNogle

Auditioning
Thanks for the advise. I will try contacting Bose. I was also unaware that there were a lot of anti-Bose people. What's the biff?
Thanks

JessyMcK

Agent
i noticed the same thing, anti-bose. I'm almost scared to say all I have is bose. But that will soon change.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Look, you shouldn't be scared to say you have Bose. Bose is the most expensive equipment sold in all of the big chains and usually has the nicest display, so it has some allure. It may even sound the best in that environment because Bose takes great pains to control how their equipment is demonstrated. The bias here is because virtually everybody believes that you can get better sound (while acknowledging that tastes vary) for less money. Therefore, they (and I) think Bose is a rip off and that gets the blood boiling. As a fellow forum member, I don't want to see you ripped off. When the tempers cool and the sarcastic jokes cease, all anyone should ask of others and of themselves, is that they listen to other equipment and decide for themselves what they like better. This forum is not serving its purpose if we drive people away or make them too scared to express an opinion. BTW, you and other Bose owners can serve a valuable purpose for this forum. I suspect you will try out other options besides Bose. When you do, compare them side by side and post your observations. That is how the collective knowledge of the forum will grow. :emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Thanks Charlie.
Guys, he came here for help so let's help him instead of insulting him. Let's try the mature road this time.

Jim, see if you have any of the same coloring wiring with your system you are putting in. I am not too familiar with the connectors on the end that plugs into the sub, but I think the speakers just take bare wire right? Couldn't you just splice the wires together making sure postive is positive and negative is negative. As for hooking up the back two to the bass module, try finding a Bose dealer and ask them what you would need. it's hard to help you without seeing it. Does it take a special plug or do you just plug wires into the proper termials?

jimNogle

Auditioning
Chris and Charlie,
Thanks for the advice and teaching me about Bose product placement. I never even thought about splicing the wires together. That should do the trick. As a Bose owner I am quite happy with the sound quality. I do not know much about the other products, hence the reason I registered on the forum to gain knowledge about other options. If I can find a product that has quality sound at a much cheaper price then I am all for the cheaper product. I did not buy the Bose as a status symbol I bought it because it sounded good at the time and I needed a sound system. Overlooking the fact that I was stationed overseas and the only option at the Navy Exchange retail store was Bose. I have learned a lot about other products since logging into the site and was definately turned off when I was "labeled" as one of those Bose knuckleheads.
I will continue to learn about the audio technology and not be turned off by the anti-Bose people. Thanks to Chris and Charlie for explaining the ground rules.
Sincerely,
Jim

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Welcome to the forums Jim. I'm glad you weren't turned off by the Bose negativity. For the most part, this is a very friendly and informative site. Personally I don't care whether you own a Bose product or a Durabrand product, most people here will always be as helpful as they can be. Glad to have ya.:D

jimNogle

Auditioning
Ok, I checked the wires with a 9V battery to ensure I was connecting the wires correctly. I spliced them together and nothing happened. I am not sure why it did not work. There are only R&B bare wires coming through the wall from the back speakers and I twisted the bare wire from my Bose cables together and there still is not any sound. Can anyone help. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anything.
Thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
From what I remember they r RCAs..color coded at that I think too.
So basically Jim, u got wires coming out that u think r for the back channels but none of them is getting sound out to ur spkrs.
Do u have any other stereo system u can use to check these connections with? We should first check if indeed they r wires for the back channels. Get a shelf system or something like a portable radio and splice those wires. When they start getting some sound, then it would also help in determining which is left or right. U might also try and label them which will prove useful on later dates. If they do not make a sound then there's ur problem. The wires r bad and would not be useful. If they work fine then we proceed to our next step.
Once u've ascertained everything is set, we should move over to ur Bose system. I once had a Lifestyle 12..or was it a 25? Anyway, if I remember right, u plug in the spkrs into the acoustimass module with RCAs. First, plug in one spkr and let it rip so u r sure u have the sound coming out of it. Then use that single spkr output to try out the wires in ur room. U might have to splice this particular wire to them others to test them out.
I hope this helps and pls keep us posted on ur progress.

jimNogle

Auditioning
Well,
I was testing the back speakers with a 9Vbattery to differentiate between the 2 back speakers and I put the battery to the wires that were running into the subwoofer and now nothing works. Until that point I had music i the front spkrs, but now nothing. I think i dmaged the sub but not sure what to do. i have put evrything away until i get enough knowledge to what i need to do. i think i will have to hire someone to come in and figure out the wiring, b/c it's not working for me.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks