What's new

Hooking up Loewe Aconda 30" to HD cable? (1 Viewer)

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I'm wondering if anyone who has a Loewe or seen a Loewe Aconda hooked up to HD by way of a cable company's' connection digital box? I have a cable guy coming out Tuesday to hook up to mine. HD HBO and Showtime are now available in my area.

I'm thinking most TVs use component connections to a set. But, since the Loewe will take the signal and use its progressive scan doubler on a component connection. Then the only way to bypass the internal doubler is to use a VGA connection. When I called the tech area if you want to call them that...to be kind. Said that it just hooks up on the regular TV cable. When I called a local store that sells the Loewe. They said that a component to VGA cable is required. It will take up to three weeks to get one in their store.

Our cable company is ATT Broadband which merged with Comcast cable ( I think it's Comcast? ). So I think the same box should be used pretty much country wide?

When I bought my Loewe I wanted to bypass the internal doubler so I could use my Sony 9000ES progressive scan DVD players doubler. So I bought a Audio Authority transcoder box. I'm thinking this will allow me to hook to the set via component to VGA connection?

Any thoughts on this?

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Just to update my post.

Cable came out and hooked up my set to their HD receiver and digital box. Used component cables from the HD receiver to my transcoder box and VGA out from the transcoder box to the VGA of the Loewe set. Couldn't keep a signal locked long enough to see much. The picture would pixel out to a blank screen. So, they took the HD receiver box with them and setup another appointment for yesterday. Got the new box and it did the same thing. I was thinking it might be my Audio Authority box that was causing the problem. But, another tech showed up and swapped out the digital box. And the picture locked in. I only get one HBO and Showtime station at this time. But, the picture is much better than even most of my DVDs. The 5.1 is not the equal of a DVD but there is a 5.1 output to many of the HBO/Showtime stations. I've only had it hooked up for a few viewing hours. But, if this is the future of cable? It's looking good. Just need cable to expand to all HD broadcast stations. That is suppose to happen in this area in the next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks