Hooking up Dish 6000 system - Need advice/help!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveDoyon, Jul 17, 2001.

1. SteveDoyon

SteveDoyon Auditioning

Nov 24, 2000
    I need a little advice again. I've honed in on the Dish 6123 system with an extra 2800 receiver. I have 4 tv's. I'm considering a wireless system to hook up the 2 extra tv's into the receivers (in other words, each receiver will feed 2 tv's - one tv with cables, the other wireless). Has anyone done this with a system like X10's Entertainment Anywhere? How is the signal quality? What about audio?
    Second question - (excuse these newbie DSS questions) - is there any reason I can't use my existing cable wiring (coax) to feed my receivers from the dish. In other words, the dish's would (after combining the signals) splice into my cable coax, then I would use my cable outlets to connect the receivers? I'm sure there is a reason you can't do this, but your suggestions would be helpful.
    Steve Doyon
    Charlotte, NC
    Steve's DVD Collection
  2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Aug 22, 2000
    The wireless distribution options can pick up interfence from microwaves. There's a Home Integration and Distribution section atwww.avsforum.com that deals with these types of things. See your other post on how I dealt with it.
    You can use your existing wiring as long as it is RG6 and there are no splitters in the path from the dish to each receiver.