What's new

Hooking up Digital Cable to Kenwood VR-505 (1 Viewer)

Don

Second Unit
how do i go about finding which video in and i beleive that there is one digital in on the back i beleive that it is only for the DVD player can i use a Y adapter and hook up the digital out and the didgital out on the cable box and on the back of the dvd player to the digital in on the receiver. also what audio in on the back of the receiver can i use to connect on this receiver. Don,

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
Don,

I am not sure what you are saying. I presume you are sayin gthat you just have one digital audio input. I know of no way around this. Does anyone else?

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
I looked up this receiver on the Kenwood site before I responded. It wasn't much help.

It appears that there must be only one Digital input, but I say that only from what you described and the fact that they didn't list how many it has.

Bottom line, DO NOT use a Y cord to input two devices into your receiver. Should you accidently have both going at the same time, it would be very bad for the receiver.

I would use the one Digatal input for the DVD player as what's available on cable in DD isn't very much.

It does have plenty of anolog inputs.

As far as the video connections go, the unit will have these marked. Put the composite video output from the DVD player into the video input on the receiver, then the monitor out from the reciever to the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks