What's new

Hooking up bass shaker question (1 Viewer)

Justin K

Auditioning
I'm interested in getting some aura bass shakers (50w versions) and i'd like to install 4 of them into 2 couches...

Currently i have a harmon kardon receiver 50w/channel running into 2 bryston amps (8bst - 4x140) (3bst - 2x140) and i have a powered sub that's also connected

I'm a bit confused which would be the best way to hook up the bass shakers to my system. One way i think i read somewhere is to run them off the line out of my powered sub (150w). Is that right?

or can i run them off a spare channel on one of my amp's? (140w) to 3 of the shakers?

could i also bridge 2 channels and get 400w out of one channel on one of the amps and run all 4 shakers off that?

i believe the best effect would be to run them off the sub and set my receiver to only use the sub for LFE signals. is this correct?

is this making any sense hehehe :)P

thx for your help guys

its really appreciated

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
To illustrate, I run my Aura pros, 4 of them "daisy-chained" with my twin subs. For the actual power for the shakers, I use an old Pioneer 100x2 stereo receiver, 2 shakers per channel in series.
So basically, with the shakers being powered on its own by the stereo receiver, this same receiver gets the LFE out from the main AVR, which is shared by 2 more devices, the twin subs.
I hope I'm not confusing u but helping....OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks