What's new

hooking up a headphone amp to HK reciever (1 Viewer)

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, so I got the seinheiser hd600's with a nice headphone amp... and I have no idea where to plug it into. I already plugged my headphones into the amplifier, and have a pair of RCA's running from the headphone amp up to my reciever. I just dont know where to plug it in.

I just want to be able to hear whatever is playing at the moment from my headphones and not the speakers.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does your receiver have A-B speaker selector? If so, turn them both off, and you should hear sound from the headphones only. If not, then I'm not sure how you would do it.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Just hook the headphone amp up to the L/R preout connections. Alternatively, connect the headphone amp to the headphone jack (adaptor may be required). I would try to stick with the pre-outs as they usually have better sound quality (components for headphone jack are usually cheap).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That is assuming you have pre-outs, since you didn't say what your receiver is. The pre-outs will sound the better because they will have a much higher output voltage than the typical headphone jack. With my little 2ch rig, I plug my headphones into my integrated because it's headphone jack has greater output than plugging directly into my CDP.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
If you have a headphone amp, just bypass the receiver all together. Plug it directly into your CDPs RCA outs and use the head-amps volume control. Unless your CD player is very low quality compared to your H/K reciever.

Agreed, don't use the headphone jack at all. That will eliminate almost all benefit of using a headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks