Hooking everything up, need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_M_E, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Kevin_M_E

Kevin_M_E Auditioning

I am going to buy all of my equipment in a few days and I have some questions about cabling.

My receiver is going to be a Yamaha HTR-5560 that has 5A/V inputs with S-Video and 2 with component video. It also has 4 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs.

My DVD player will be a Philips DVD793CH with Composite, S-Video and Component outputs. It also has an Optical and a Coaxial digital output.

My TV will be a Sony WEGA KV-32FS100 that has 1 S-Video, and 1 Component Video input. There are also 3 A/V inputs.

I also have an RCA Directv receiver that has the standard cable input and output and also has an A/V output with S-Video.

The last component I have is a standard VCR that has an A/V input and output, along with standard coax input/output.

How should I wire this setup? I want the best possible picture and sound that I can get.

I figure I'll use component video and optical digital sound from the DVD player to the Receiver. I'll have to use S-Video and stereo A/V from the Directv to the Receiver. The VCR to the Receiver will have to be Composite video and A/V cables. How do I hook up my Receiver to my TV? Do I need to use component, s-video and composite cables or can I just use the component?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Kevin,
    First, welcome to the Forum!
    You can find the information you need at this post. If you have any additional questions, get back to us.
    Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Kevin
    Here is what I would do which basically what Wayne wrote for the other person.