Hooking everything to new tv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ZachW, Jan 24, 2003.

1. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a Mitsubishi Ws-65611 tv, and I can't figure out how to hook up the Sattalite reveiver to the AV receiver, and then to the tv. I have a Denon 1803. The dvd player works with the Surround reveiver, but only because I have a double signal, it's hooked up to the tv and the receiver. I can't get the sattalite reveiver to work though. Right now I have it hooked up to just the tv because that's the only way i can watch tv. The receiver is a dish network low end model. please help. thanks

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

You really want to use SVideo for that sat receiver. If this is your only SVideo source, do not run the video through the receiver. Simply run the Svideo straight to the TV.

But the audio, does that receiver have an optical output? If so, go buy a optical cable (called a 'TosLink' cable) and run it to the DSS/CATV input on the receiver.

So you have to turn the TV on, flip to the SVideo feed from the sat, turn on the receiver, flip the receiver to the DSS/CATV input and things will work.

(But you see why a programmable remote is almost a necessity.)

Good Luck.