What's new

Hooking a Turntable to my receiver??? (1 Viewer)

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks! first of all, my best wishes to everyone this year!

Yesterday my mother found my LP collection (cleaning her house found carton box lost in a closet), some LP´s are in very good condition, I´m wondering about buying a turntable (a cheap one, no budget to go for a laser turntable or a hand made piece of art), I have an entry level set-up (look at it here) :http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs...ment/29051.html

my receiver has a couple of RCA audio inputs free, my question is , Is there any way to connect to them a turntable, what´s the solution? thanks a lot

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You have to buy a phono amp from Circuit City or the like, for about $40. I haven't done this yet myself but I plan to. Their is also a ground wire from the phono which I guess you have to put behind a screw on the back of the receiver. Even someone at CC or BB can help with the hook-up. Gene

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
You can also buy turntables with preamps built in. Look for "amplified" players.

Hook up the turntable through the phono amp to your PC sound card, capture the songs you want and burn them to CD/DVD.

You can put your whole record collection onto one DVD.

Or better still copy them all to the DVD and then return the turntable and phono amp to the store for a credit... now that's just plain nasty;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks