What's new

Hooke up my new IB in my attic (1 Viewer)

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
What can I say. I have not even played with any levels, and it just is far superior than my old sub.
It just give a nice, fuller sound, even at low volumes. I could not be happier with it, and my wife has no complaints because it is hidden.
Just have to order another driver and take some pics.
Thanks to everyone :)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear, Lee. Expected response, of course, as an IB is a major step-up from even the most popular consumer-level subs (ask Obi ;) ).
How did you wind up wiring it? Is the volume adequate for you?

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
I wired it to just one voice coil, and am therefore running it at 8ohm. I think it is ample, but for the simplicity of adding another driver, I just have to. I was expecting things to shake, and the crap in the attic to be dancing around, but it is nothing like that.

I have the baffle right over the tv and centered between the fronts, and it sounds like it is coming right from the tv itself.

I am mostly amazed at how at low listening volumes, the bass is much more noticable but mellow.

For the same price as a 10" Klipsch, which I bought to test (and returned), there is no comparison.

I can't wait to hear what two can do.

Thanks JAck for your assistance, and same to Tom for your IB website. That is what pushed me into it.

Users who are viewing this thread