hook-up X1 with component video

Discussion in 'Displays' started by TomT, Aug 15, 2004.

1. TomT

TomT Auditioning

I borrowed an X1 projector for a couple of weeks and have been running it using an S-video cable. That has been working great. I can't seem to get the component to vga cable to work. What am I doing wrong? I have a Denon 900 DVD player. Will I notice a better picture quality with the component video. Thanks.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Component through VGA only works wtih 480p and higher signals. 480i signals cannot be passed through the VGA port, only the Svideo port witht he appropriate Component to Svideo adaptor cable (from infocus)

If you are wanting to output a progressive signal to the X1, make sure the DVD player is set to progressive. you may also need to unplug any Svideo cables and sutff, as sometimes the player disables component out when other video outs are occupied

3. TomT

TomT Auditioning

Thanks

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

It should be a toss up in terms of video. The X1 has DCDi processing just as the 900 does. You should compare the two and see which you like best.

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

My opinion: You'll get a better picture from progressive from the Denon 900. I had a Denon 910 briefly (had to return it, compatibility problem between it and the X1). I found it was a better picture via component. Ditto with my Panny CP72 (defunct) and now my Zenith 318.

You should be able to output progressive (480p) from the DVD-900 to the X1 via the component to VGA adapter.

The 900 should have somewhere to change it to progressive - menu, switch, etc. The 910 had a little black switch on the back of the unit - you might want to look on the back of the player.