What's new

Hook up questions. (1 Viewer)

Bodydoc2002

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
My set up...(coming in mail soon!!) Dedicated Room without windows. 15x18 foot square.

Reciever- Denon AVR-988 7.1-Channel/5.1+2-Channel Multi-source/Multi-zone Home Theater Receiver (Black)

Projector- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 720 720P HD 1600 Lumens 10,000-1 contrast

Audio - SVS SBS-01 7.1 with PB12-NSD.

Screen - Carada 2.35 to 1 104 inch diagonal criterion series.

also purchase ceiling mount and extra 35ft HDMI cable for long run from projector.

1st -
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
VERY EXCITED I hope this will work out well! What do you guys think??

2nd- Once this stuff all rolls in...I've never hooked anything like this up. Will all the manuals be easy to understand? Or where would be the best place to find info to hook it all up? Should I just pay a professional?

Thanks!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great setup. This should sound terrific in your room.

AVR manuals are notoriously difficult to understand - even for those who understand this stuff. The good news is there are forums like this one with lots for friendly people willing to help.

While you are waiting for your gear, surf over to Dolby.com and THX.com and look at room layout and speaker positioning. Spend some time thinking about the layout. When you gear arrives, read the manuals and ask question
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bodydoc2002

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Good idea.

I already had to call and cancel my screen order. I read that for the 2.35 to 1 screen you need a special lens that costs between 1000-2000G. So went with the same company and got the 1.78 to 1 screen. Thanks to another fourm I found out that info before the shipped. I still should have 90% of everything by saturday!! Man I can't wait..

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Wow. I've ordered a lot of stuff online, but never a room. :D

Just kidding, and welcome. If you feel comfortable with gadgets and technical stuff, I would try hooking it up yourself before paying a professional. As David said, there are online forums (like the one here
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
) where you can get pointers if you run into problems. It's really not that difficult if you have patience and have a little technical aptitude.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
So what's your plan for connections? Are you planning to run HDMI from all your sources into the receiver and then a single HDMI cable from the receiver to the projector? That's the route I would take. If you're fishing cables through the wall or finishing the room, it would probably be wise to run a set of component cables up there as well just to cover yourself. (I was going to suggest a second HDMI cable, but it looks like your projector only has one HDMI input).

Bodydoc2002

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Room is already dry walled. Wish I would have done that! I did do that for the 50 inch plasma downstairs in the living room. We weren't sure how the media room was going to be set up so we never did run any cables or speaker wires. (got lazy, now paying for it!) The good thing is, where the room is, I have lots of open space above and one whole wall is open to another attic.

I'll be fishing 1 HDMI cable down a outside wall. That will be the hardest part manually. Yes running all my HDMI cables to the Denon then out to the projector...PS3, Cable, and SVS sound system to reciever then to projector...I dont THINK it will be to bad...I have cable and electrical outlets run down that wall already so I'll just try to fish next to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks