Hook-up question for my new widescreen TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_J_H., Oct 27, 2002.

1. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

This is my first post to this very impressive forum!

First, I will list my components.
    KV-34XBR800 (Sony 34" Widescreen HD ready TV).
    VSX-36TX (Pioneer Elite A/V receiver).
    DV-37 (Pioneer Elite DVD player).
    HR-D910U (JVC VCR).
    Dish Network (Satellite TV. No HD yet).

My DVD player is connected directly to my TV via Monster component cables(Video 5). Some of the functions of my TV remote don't work unless I select (Video 1) on my TV's remote. Note: The audio and video cables from my dish network box run to my A/V receiver, then one video cable from my receiver to my TV (Video 1). Would running the component cables: DVD-to-receiver-to-TV make everything on my TV remote work in (Video 5)?

I would also like to use the speakers in my TV when watching some TV programs. I don't like to fire-up my receiver for every program I watch. I have the audio cables from my Sat/Tv box going to my receiver's Sat/Tv audio in but there seems to be no "audio out" in the Sat/Tv area on the back of my receiver to run cables to my TV's audio in. Is there another name for this audio out?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Dan

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

3. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

I found out why the "DRC" function on my tv remote did not work. I had the "progressive scan" mode enabled on my dvd player. I also found out that running a coax cable from my satellite box to my vhf/uhf jack on my tv allows me to just use the tv speakers if I choose to.[​IMG]