What's new

Hong Kong Film Recommendations Needed!! (1 Viewer)

James Nguyen

Second Unit
On a tangent--speaking of Korean movies, if you enjoyed Shiri, you might want to check out JSA (Joint Security Area).

Much like Shiri, it intermingles a modern action/drama storyline with quite a bit of social commentary about the realities of a divided Korean peninsula. The action isn't quite as fast paced as Shiri, preferring to build quite a bit of backstory interspersed with some quicker scenes.

It's not everyone's cup of tea as it's not as readily approachable as the action driven plot of Shiri, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and consider it one of the best storylines I've seen come out of Asian cinema.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Enter the Eagles... Michael Wong.. nuff said. Can we digitally erase him from the movie?
That's funny! Nothing like Michael Wong bungee chord jumping from a helicopter shooting bad guys! ;)
It was good to see Benny the Jet, though. Shannon Lee should be in more movies. I think Jordan Chan and Anita Yuen (sp?) upstage everybody else in that movie.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks