What's new

Honeymooners Trailer (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'd be very unhappy if my daughter brought Ashton Kutcher to dinner as a prospective husband. And I'm white.

[Edited to add a missing word - thanks, Tony]

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Horrid, just horrid. What a shame. Could they screw up a great TV series more? I don't think so.

Neil McCaulley

Stunt Coordinator
Jackie Gleason is presently rolling over in his grave and farting in the general direction of the moron who decided to put a PC, racial twist on a once original, entertaining and classic show. How much you want to bet that we will NEVER see an all white cast in a remake of 'Good Times'. Ashton Kutchner plays J.J. and Kirstie Alley plays Florida. What a waste. I'm disappointed in Cedric that he decided to do this.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well ashton is reversing a role in an upcoming movie.
mentioned 3 times in this thread already.

not saying your opinion is wrong neil. just pointing out that it does happen, just not as much.

cedric's loose remake of Vacation was also bad.
did anyone see "johnson's family vacation"?

Neil McCaulley

Stunt Coordinator
Really? What movie would that be? (The Ashton one.) I did not realize that Cedric did a remake of vacation. It must have been so bad that it slipped under the radar.

I know that sort of thing happens. Sometimes it works (The Nutty Professor) and sometimes it doesn't. (Honeymooners) I just don't understand why it has to happen at all. Classic shows like The Honeymooners, The Lone Ranger, I Love Lucy, All in the Family, and such, were great on their own. It is a cheap ploy by movie producers to use their names, update them with situations that were never intended to be shown in the originals, just to make a buck.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
This trailer is embarrassingly awful. Like, wow. And frankly I don't care if they cast this remake with white, black, asian or venusian. The humor feels weak, limp and desperate. This is the sort of remake that aims to coast by on NAME RECOGNITION alone, oh, and they flipped it to an "urban market" for just one extra trip to the piggy bank.

May I be proven completely wrong when this movie makes me laugh for 90 straight mintutes.

Somehow I doubt it.

From the director of the amazingly obnoxious Like Mike and (according to IMDb) from the pens of Barry Blaustein (The Klumps), Danny Jacobson (sitcoms galore), Saladin Patterson (The Fighting Temptations), David Sheffield (Police Academy 2) and Don Rhymer (Agent Cody Banks 2, The Santa Clause 2, Big Momma's House)

I don't find anything hilarious in Cedric's schtick, although Mike Epps has been seriously funny in a few supporting roles. (I remember him being a true highlight in the second (or was it third) Friday movie, which was otherwise pretty terrible.)

Regina Hall and Gabrielle Union are really very beautiful...but funny? Not really. There IS a supporting cast that includes Jon Polito, John Leguizamo and Eric Stoltz, so that bodes fairly well, I guess. (Maybe not.)

{Just watched the trailer one more time.)

Nope. Sorry. Limp sex jokes, stupid dog jokes, and a whole lot of people falling down.

Flick looks wretched.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
And, most likely, fart jokes, an unfortunate staple of black comedies.

I'm surprised Brian Levant isn't involved with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks