1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Honeymooners "Lost Episodes" lost again?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gabe D, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

I've got all of the "Honeymooners" Lost Episodes DVDs, so I thought it was time to put the old VHS tapes on eBay. I compared the DVDs to the tapes to make sure I didn't still need any tapes to maintain a complete collection, and I was disappointed to find 2 episodes that aren't on DVD: "Halloween Party for the Boss" (which is a remake of "Halloween Party" from DVD #8) and "Manager of the Baseball Team" (which is a remake of "Manager of a Baseball Team" from DVD #10).
    Does anybody know if MPI has any plans to release these on DVD? I kind of doubt it, since they haven't announced it (that I can find). Also, it looks like they planned the releases so that they could fit all of the DVDs into 6 4-disc boxed sets.
    This reminds me of the "Twilight Zone" DVD situation, when they originally skipped a couple of episodes. Image made it right by releasing an additional volume. I hope MPI does the same.

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Weren't they going to start putting out some of the later color sketches that were part of Gleason specials?

Later, they did actual reunion specials.
    I do have the 1976 reunion special but that's the only one I've tracked down. Wasn't the last one about 1978?