What's new

Honeymooners 50 years (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
What did you all think of the special? Other then seeing Art talk and Jackie interviews, it was nothing special.

We are obviously Honeymooners fans so why do we need Tom Hanks and Dennis Franz to explain to us about a particular episode?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
This was kind of disappointing. Where was Joyce Randolph...I heard she was going to be interviewed as well? The Jackie Gleason interview from "60 Minutes" has been shown numerous times. The clips weren't even all that great. Makes me want to revisit the Classic 39 on dvd even more so now. Definitely not up to par with recent "reunion" specials.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
How about that awful and long clip from King Of Queens, and their homage to the show. Who CARES? The thinking that "we should include some recognizable stars for the average viewer" is pretty warped, since I don't think the non fans of Honeymooners would tune in anyway. And when Hanks or someone would make a point, they didn't play the appropriate clip to illustrate what they were saying. Yeah, poor Joyce Randolph....alive and kicking and not even interviewed.....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jefferson,
I think your blowing the whole 'King of Queens' clip thing out of proportion. They showed it simply because it was an homage to 'The Honeymooners' that's all.
And you guys lay off my boy Kevin James! He rocks! :)
It really was kinda disappointing though, 'The Honeymooners' deserves a special at least 2 hours long instead of 1.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I just personally don't like spending time watching another cast perform a sketch during a tribute to another show.

They showed some footage from The Nanny, during some Lucy tribute, and I thought the same thing....Now is NOT the time.....Off topic, but I never like it when one tv show imitates the cast of another show in dream/fantasy sequences, even if the show itself is one I enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks