What's new

Honey comes from "Oppressed worker Bees" (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
It's not likely they would pursue a career in the arts if they aren't making honey!! That's what worker bees do, they work at making honey sheesh.

Fox "News" grumble...grumble..

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Fox "News" grumble...grumble..
Why grumble about Fox News (well ok, besides the obvious)...all they did was repost a story from the NY Post who got quotes from Vegans. The vegans are the ones who should get the grumble...so...Vegans...grumble...grumble...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, soy isn't all that healthy either:
Soy May Weaken Immune System
And if you think drinking lots of water is healthy:
Too Much Water Kills
...and beer is good for you:
Drink a liter of beer a day
...and, inappropriately:
Semen Makes Women Happy (perhaps an alternative to the Vegan diet?)
Anyone want to support a rally against the oppression of trillions of cheese and whey bacteria? These poor microbes are living in squalid, unsanitary sweatshop conditions. WHO WILL LOOK OUT FOR THE LITTLE GUY? FREE THE GERMS!

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Don't blame Fox News for that story. It's clearly marked as being from the NY Post.
Do those vegans actually think people (probably WalMart executives) force the bees to make honey? As if bees in the wild don't do that?
Are vegetarians generally opposed to eating honey? Not that I care, but I never heard that before.
> And if you think drinking lots of water is healthy:
It is, depending on what you mean by "lots". If you read the article, notice the people's deaths could've just as easily been blamed on not enough salt (from all that water diluting the sodium in the system). If they'd drank Gatorade instead, they'd have been fine.
Usually people saying drink lots of water mean something like a gallon a day, not a gallon an hour like some of those in the article.
> "If animals weren't meant to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat?"
Yes, & since we all know animals are perfect & can do no wrong, why do so many of them eat meat? It couldn't be because the creatures they eat were put here for that purpose, could it? ;)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
What about all that fruit? Those poor oppressed bees, forced to engage in pollination... Better stop eating anything that grows on a tree. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I put in that water link as a joke. Oops, I think you know that! I am mister obvious sometimes. :)
Y'know, without humans, bees wouldn't be as prolific as they are now. Bees and humans and pollinated plants are in a tight symbiotic relationship.
Flowers wouldn't be nearly so pretty if it wasn't for human intervention...humans like pretty flowers, so they do all they can to breed more of them (think Dutch tulips as one example), while squashing the ugly weeds.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> Chris, I put in that water link as a joke

Yeah, but I've heard that story twisted on the radio to make it sound like it's bad to drink water. There's a big difference between the typical advice to drink 8 glasses/day, & someone doing intense exercise & drinking several times that.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure someone would twist that semen story out of proportion too...heh it sure would be funny at the very least! *cough* "Dear, there is no need to use the condom! Scientists say it will make you feel better!" *cough*
If people are stupid enough to think drinking water is bad...well, that's one way of leaving the gene pool. :D
Hey! I should promote bullets through the brain! "All your pain and suffering will go away! You'll have a carefree existence! Just point a gun at your head and pull the trigger!" Yeah...watch out Bayer and Pfizer...I will single-handedly CRUSH the giant pharmaceutical corporations with my brilliant new invention! MOVE OVER, PROZAC!
Now where did those venture capitalists run off too...

Julie K

Screenwriter
Flowers wouldn't be nearly so pretty if it wasn't for human intervention...humans like pretty flowers,
And the funny thing is....people look out at a field of pretty flowers and never seem to think that these are the plants' sex organs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks