Honest Honey, Someone Stole my Credit Card

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by LewB, Oct 22, 2005.

1. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Check out this story. Here's another link (might get archived by the site) with the guy's picture.
    He spent a quarter of a million dollars at a strip club.
    Tell me his picture doesn't remind you of 'Flounder' from Animal House.[​IMG]

2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Indeed

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

That is a lot of 1080p projectors he could have bought!

4. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

All that cash and I bet he didn't even score. For that kind of cash you could get a high class hooker for 3 months.

5. Trey Fletcher

Trey Fletcher Second Unit

[​IMG]

Sorry, but that just struck me as funny.

6. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

No need to be sorry, it was meant to be. [​IMG]

7. andrew markworthy

Mark - how do you know?

Interesting that the credit card company is trying to blame overcharging by the club. I've only once experienced blatant overcharging in a club. Attending a conference, I'd been dragged to a nightclub by a group of delegates whom I didn't like (loud-mouthed jackasses is an adequate summary description). I ordered the first round of drinks and by incredible luck recognised the waitress serving us - she was from my home town and what's more, my mother had taught her at school. I got the bill and was amazed to find that a very large round of drinks had cost me just £2. I was about to query this when the waitress leant over and whispered in my ear 'don't worry, we'll screw these bastards and get the money back; by the way, say hi to your mum for me'. I thus had the cheapest nights drinking ever whilst the rest of the group got fleeced.

8. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

With Andrew's charisma, who needs hookers? [​IMG]

(That's a great story...)

9. andrew markworthy

Flattery will get you anywhere, Max. Honestly and truly, that is exactly what happened, though I think it had more to do with a girl far from home recognising a reminder of home than any personal charm. Actually, it's funnier if you know who some of the delegates were, but there are limits to my indiscretions.

10. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Um, uh, I've never payed for the service, I always went by my charisma and it never hurt that I was always in a band. LOL However, I do watch a lot of cable and there are plenty of reality type shows that deal with this industry. So, figuring out a time frame for that kind of cash wasn't that hard. [​IMG]

Oh and I heard that in this particular case, the club let the card holder know what they're spending. They made him sign off on every x amount of dollars. Then they called the card company, in this case amex to let them know what is going on and even put the card holder on the line with the CC company. So, Amex already paid the bill, they have to collect from the card holder now.

11. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Too late for him to file Chapter 7 under the old law.

- Colton