hometheater newsgroups

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Keith_R, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey guys, as much as I love HTF I recently got newsgroup access on my account and was curious if any of the HT related newgroups are good. I did go into one but it mainly seemed as though alot of people were talking about buying and selling and didn't really get into the technical specifics like we do here at HTF. Any thoughts? thanks.

2. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I started with newsgroups a couple of years before I joined HTF. I used to frequent alt.home-theater.misc but group of 2 or 3 posters (Brian McCarthy among others) single handedly made it unreadable. Run a search on google and you will see. It's really pathetic.

Once I found HTF (someone was wondering if the site was down) I never looked back.

rec.audio.opinion is populated with some knowledgeable people, but the signal to noise ratio is way to low for me.

HTF rules.

--
    Holadem

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I read newsgroups in the early 1990s, and even then the signal to noise was low, and once I discovered forums, I never looked back either. Newsgroups are still the wild wild west of the internet in many respects, but the chaos involved isn't worth the time spent in them anymore.