What's new

Homemade Calibration CD's (1 Viewer)

Dom H

Agent
Living in the uk I'm finding it hard to locate any sort of calibration discs, plus the fact none are designed for PAL.
I can burn audio tracks to cd and jpeg's to a vcd.
Video Calibration
Seeing as I use a RGB scart connection from my dvd, colour is fixed so I only want to calibrate brightness & contrast (sharpness?)
What image will I need on the disc and how do I adjust the controls correctly going by the image?
Audio Calibration
I don't suppose I can create a 5ch test tone on a cd-r, can I download a DD file of pink/white? noise to calibrate with? I suppose I could create a stereo track and swap the inputs front to rear on the amp.
Thanks
Dom

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
Dom:
If you have a THX movie, there is a small calibration program included with THX movies in the set up section. If not, try the www.thx.com website as the site is referred to in the set up program. Haven't gone there myself, so don't know how useful it will be but might have a download program available.
There are other sites with freeware available for download.
Good luck
Rick

Robbie-Tan

Auditioning
hi dom, i just purchased Sound&Vision calibration disc from amazon. it works, im in Pal territory, Australia.
so i think the disc must be multiregion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks