What's new

Homemade Arcade Cabinet (1 Viewer)

Jeff P

Agent
I was looking to build an arcade cabinet and use the x-arcade joystick along with a pc to create a cool gaming system. From a wookworkers standpoint, I think it should be straightforward.
Does anyone have a site to refer to for plans on how to build one of these.
I am basing it off of the one seen here:
http://xgaming.net/Merchant2/merchan...y_Code=Cabinet
Thanks for any input you have!!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The best place to look for this kind of thing is BYOAC - "Build Your Own Arcade Controls". It's a great resource for discussing arcade controls, conversions of existing cabs & building your own complete system. There's a LOT of very sharp guys in their forum. They've got a huge huge list of links to other people's cabs & systems, with pictures etc. You'd be wise to spend a few hours digging through them all ;)

Jeff P

Agent
Thanks guys, except for Scott's unusual flame (wink,wink)

Anyways, I think I got some great information and will post (if anyone is interested) when I am done.

Thanks again

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
Now you've got me wanting one too. Since I have no money or time, I guess it'll be a while. I looked at lots of home made cabinets and was wondering if anybody knows if the emulation or front end software automatically turns the screen upside down for cocktail style cabinets. And can you get the twist style joystick used for Ikari Warriors or Heavy Barrel? And is Shinobi that one where you're a ninja who beats up guys in hockey masks?

jeremy

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yes on the cocktail cab question, yes on the twisty style joysticks. No idea on the Shinobi question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks