What's new

Homeland - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just watched the first episode and loved it. Especially the end. It seems they are going into House of Cards territory this season. They are doing things I was saying House of Cards should do. They might become more House of Cards than House of Cards!

I couldn't stop laughing where I saw some reviews saying how accurately the show is depicting things we came close to but avoided last year. :D

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Meh. I enjoyed the first episode a little but it seems like the Carrie character is approaching Brody territory where she doesn't really have a role anymore so they crowbar something in. I mean, the whole 50 Shades thing was really weak. This show just ain't what it used to be and has been on a steady decline since season 3.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This episode 2 was not great. Forget experienced spies, who would post a secret image on a public forum and then download an unknown file to be hacked. She puts a sticker on her camera but downloads a trojan?!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What happened to this show? I haven't watched in a couple of seasons and now I tune in and... how did it get so stupid? A ransomware episode, are you kidding me? Bipolar is not the same as idiot. And I'm not just talking about the jpg download that opens her computer to being hacked; the idea that a smart ex-CIA would openly post a picture that not only could someone identify, but the person in the picture or who owns the house would recognize and identify where the picture came from and that cameras are there.

Okay... a minor stupidity in the overall run of WTF moments I'm counting trying to catch up with what's going on. And the woman president, obviously modeled after certain (rightfully) fascist-leaning leaders, but without an once of shading to the point where she might as well be rubbing her hands and pulling her moustache. When did this show become a cartoon?

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 3. They have to stop with the personal stuff. Carrie breaking down and crying all the time is getting tiring. Just develop the political stuff. That's more interesting. At this point they don't have much story. All we see is Carrie doing self inflicted harm that has nothing to do with the main story.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Episode 3. They have to stop with the personal stuff. Carrie breaking down and crying all the time is getting tiring. Just develop the political stuff. That's more interesting. At this point they don't have much story. All we see is Carrie doing self inflicted harm that has nothing to do with the main story.
The real problem is even the main story is weak. Some Alex Jones type bad-mouthing the president on an underground internet podcast? I have to think Mandy Patinkin just shakes his head when he gets a new script for this show.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The real problem is even the main story is weak. Some Alex Jones type bad-mouthing the president on an underground internet podcast? I have to think Mandy Patinkin just shakes his head when he gets a new script for this show.

... and cashes the check. Hey, he's earned it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ok so we're back to spying and intrigue.Decent episode.

It's nice to see the guy from the Russian consulate in the Americans is still up to his spying ways in the present Homeland time. Wouldn't it be cool if they did that crossover? Must be short on Russian speaking actors.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Have to admit, Carrie/Frannie/Meds drama aside, I've enjoyed these past few episodes. A big part of it is the O'Keefe nonsense being over with. While I still think the show would benefit immensely by writing Carrie off, at least they seemingly took a positive step by eliminating the absentee mother drama to let Carrie focus on doing what Carrie does best. Although I have to wonder how Carrie isn't in prison given some of the stuff she's pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeallen27