What's new

Homeland Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by mattCR /t/315194/homeland-season-1/60#post_3880678
I had no problem with the jacket malfunctioning, considering how hustled he was about getting it on and together in the house with his daughter pressing him.. more then that, he had to shuffle it around a few times in the car when he reached for his badge, etc.
Also, more specifically, he was knocked to the ground by a Secret Service during the attack. I think they specifically added that part to give a plausible reason for the wire coming loose.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Joe_H /t/315194/homeland-season-1/60#post_3880464
Really, I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode.
As was I. White knuckle the entire time. The entire series was perfectly played.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I just finished the season finale. Pretty good opening season. I like the slow burn, although I thought it got a little too slow toward the end leading up to the final two episodes.

So where is the President in all of this? Would the VP really be the one in the situation room making those decisions without the commander-in-chief even being in the room? And then the one calming the American public in a press conference?

So no one considered the possibility that the daughter cut a wire on the vest? That's all I kept thinking about during that scene. I kept waiting for her to say something. I guess it's still possible she did and would add an interesting twist to next season if she knows he's turned. It seemed Brody had to splice and re-connect a wire. How else could that have happened?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315194/homeland-season-1/60#post_3886424
It seemed Brody had to splice and re-connect a wire. How else could that have happened?
The fall/push I referenced a few posts above.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Been fun reading your posts. I watched the whole show after it ended in about 3 days On Demand. Probably one of the best series ever imho. Great performances from all involved but Lewis, Danes and Patinkin deserve special mention. I have always liked Danes but she turned into a woman right before my eyes. A fearless performance. I loved the show and can't wait for more.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At the Golden Globes, Mandy Patinkin said the focus of the show was on Carrie, Brody and Saul and not their positions. If the story takes them away from the CIA, the show will follow them rather than reorient on their successors. By the end of the show, that might even mean Brody in the white house with Carrie and Saul on his national security team.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This is a very good show indeed. Watched the first two episodes, and it's got me hooked. Acting and writing is top-notch.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/315194/homeland-season-1/60#post_3901948
This is a very good show indeed. Watched the first two episodes, and it's got me hooked. Acting and writing is top-notch.
It was at the top of my shows last year. The acting is sensational, and the storyline is very good. Great stuff. Claire Danes has turned into a fantastic actress; from her fantastic portrayal of Temple Grandin last year (if it had been shown at a theater, she would have been nominated), to this.. really great.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This was my favorite series last year, and shows like Homeland are the reason why I have less and less interest in watching movies. After a streak of 25 years give or take, I missed most of the Oscars on Sunday and didn't bat an eyelash. Other than Moneyball and Bridesmaids, I had pretty much missed every nominated film. OTOH, I've seen most of the Emmy nominated shows.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Joe Bernardi said:
I can't decide between Homeland, Justified, and Breaking Bad as the best series.
They're all great.
Well, I've watched all three and I'd have to rank them as follows:
1. Justified
2. Breaking Bad
3. Homeland

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Throughout this first season of Homeland the writers have kept you guessing, so the feature length season finale is going to be fascinating.

The TV series which Homeland was based on, Prisoners of War, premieres in the UK on Sky Arts 1 next week.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first series of Prisoners of War is being released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK, with a release date of Monday 16th July (source: Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com).

LeArtistTerribl

Auditioning
Real Name
Holli
MarkMel said:
Just read it got picked up for a second season.
This is what I was coming on this thread to ask. Horray. I actually really enjoyed the first season. It was one of those on the edge of your seat shows that you think you know what to expect, then you're not sure anymore, and then what you expected happens but not in the way you anticipated kind of shows. Also called amazing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first season of Homeland is being released on both DVD and Blu-ray in the UK, and has a release date of Monday 1st October (source: Amazon UK, and the release date is subject to change).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just watched this series. It got a bit crazy at times, but for the most part it was spectacular. It's fun to read through these season-following threads years after the fact. :)

Sucks that I have to wait a few months for the season 2 discs, but I guess that's better than having to wait for the season 2 broadcast. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks