home video camera

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_MN, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Robert_MN

Robert_MN Auditioning

My wife and I have a 2 1/2 yr old son and an 8 month old son and were looking at our Sony Digital Video cam and realize that we rarely use it (probably too lazy.) Does anybody else find that they just want to live life and not record it but feel that when they are older they will want to see movies of the past?[​IMG]

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I know what you are saying. It is a PITA filming when you really want to be completely involved in the event you are filming. OTOH, it is true that later on, you will probably enjoy watching it. One of the problems with home videos is that the result is just raw footage. Get into digital video editing with a program like Pinnacle Studio 8 and actually make movies out of the footage. You may look forward to doing the filming just so you can make the movie. In the end, you as well as other people will be much more interested when watching it.

3. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Passing the camera around at parties and family gatherings help alleviate this problem..a bit. Also, everyone can get in the video that way.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I am the same way about not filming. Except I always get the feeling I'm making people uncomfortable by pointing the camera at them.

5. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

I had the same problem ... but found a $50 solution.

In a word .... TRIPOD

6. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

My wife got us a DV camera, but I always ending up taking photos with my Canon G2. I just can't relate to video.

7. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I know what you guys are talking about I have a Sony Hi-8mm and we use it every now and again but not as much as I would like. I don't use it as much due to how much of a pain editing is and the size of the camera. I am looking at getting one of the new Mini DV cameras that is literally Palm size that wouldn't be in the way and I could output it to my computer for easier editing.

KyleS